Friday, August 18, 2006

And That's a Wrap!




I have just delivered my last wedding on the books for this year. (aside from a friends wedding favors and programs). Ahh...the sound of relaxation. I know as soon as I post this I will get a call for another job...that seems to be the way it is. Anyway, it has been a great year for Defining Details, I think I more than tripled my work load. The wedding fair I stressed about late last year paid off. I have been busy straight since January. It has been a year of pink, rhinestones, tropical weddings and the all-too-time consuming Wedding Fan. Which I like by the way, but after hand punching about 7,400 rounded corners um...it will be nice to have a break from them. And thank you Cassandra, Kristie and Whitney for all your help! I am buying a bulk corner punch on Ebay as we speak, or type for that matter. I am very excited for my little business and for next year. There will definitly be some changes to help smooth things out with the business as well as with our home life. This includes having someone else do my books (um...that means mike I hope ;), some time management, some fee changes and adding in some of my photography to my designs. Im looking forward to organizing the piles of paper and my computer files during the down time. And enjoying preparing my children for their first weeks of school.
Im rambling now. Off to clean a very neglected house. Oh' joy.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shannon, You do such lovely work. Congrats on your thriving business!

Katie

Anonymous said...

Congrats. You do awesome work, if I ever get married again, I will have you make my invitations! :) Hahahaha!
( Just kidding, by the way )
Anyways, I am so happy for you and your family. What an awesome year.
Enjoy what's left of the summer and good luck with Back To School!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like your "little" business won't be so little in a couple of years! Congrats!!

-Jamie

Angela said...

Nice Work!

Kristie said...

Your very welcome! The feeling has finally returned to my right thumb! LOL Just kidding! I'm so excited for the future of your business! If Mike isn't interested ;), I'd be glad to help you with your books! Hoping you'll add me to your payroll when you go global!;)

Make the most of your down time! Love fall and back to school!

Anonymous said...

Shany, Enjoy these last few weeks of summer...be sure to relax a little too!
You do such fabulous work, and you know you will be hired until my girls graduate from high school!
Good luck with your growing business!
Love, Les

Michelle said...

Ok... this is TOTALLY unrelated... but how are your new wheels? What are you driving these days?

Anonymous said...

I'm not surprised that things are going so well for you. You have so much talent, I think you got all of it;) And I think adding your photography is a great move. If I lived closer I'd do your books for sure.
Love,
Sis Michelle

Lindsay said...

You are one busy mama - but so good at what you do - keep it up and enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

S~Thank you so much for including my beautiful invitations in your busy summer. I'm still getting comments about them. Still deciding on whether we're going to have programs or not, but feel free to say no :)

Congratulations on much earned success.
-Lisa