Monday, January 25, 2010

Print Titles. Help!

Edited: Okay, I had to pack up my case so these are the names I went with. Thanks for all your help!!

1. A Lazy Summer Ride
2. Pipe Dream
3. Capturing Hearts
4. Olivia's Hero
5. The Threshold
6. Captivating Cadence

I'll be sure to recruit all your help in the future. My goal is to enter 3 contest total this year.

So apparently I am good at naming jewelry, dogs and kids but for the life of me can not name my own prints. I need to send off my print case today for entry in the Professional Photographers of Oregon competition but these babies do not have names. They need names. Compelling names that help the judges get a feel of what I was trying to portray with each image. WTH?! So if you could help a girl out I would really appreciate it. I will give you a bit of info on each image as far as what I want to portray.

1. Okay with this one I think of the word "Trust" Such a tiny girl on a big horse and she is so at ease with him. (oh and this one is a long shot with the blown out sky...not sure why I chose this one for the comp.) 2. For this one I want to portray how cool and tough he looks. I was thinking of something like
"Tony Hawk Who?" or "Too cool for Mommy"


2. I have no clue on this one other than I want to emphasize her playfulness and imagination of picking hearts in the forest.

4. Again, no clue. The horses name is Hero...thought I could play off that. "Olivia's Hero"?
5. For this one I am pretty sure it will be called "The Threshold". What do you think of that?


6. For this one I thought I would just call it "Cadence" (her name). But not sure...she captivates me in this image for some reason...I'm hoping she does the judges too.

Thanks for your help. I really don't feel I will get anywhere near meriting with these but am so excited to enter my first competition. I plan on sitting the entire day of the convention in front of the judges as they go through every entry and hear their comments. I hear the learning experience from doing this is invaluable.




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Ty in a tunnel? It could be Tunnel Vision if that's what he is in.
I like the name for Candice and the one for the wedding, not sure on the little girl or Piper yet, will let you know.
Mom

Kristie said...

For the first one..."Reliance"...another word for trust...

For Ty..."Switch" riding the opposite direction than usual...representing the independence he is begining to show as he grows up

For Pip..."Playful Heart"...not great I know...

for the other horse..."Hero's friendship" or "Hero's companion"

I like "The Threshold"

For Cadance..."Captivate"...her name is fine too...

I'm not sure I'm helping you very much.

Anonymous said...

I love the idea's Kritie has given you.
Mom

Anonymous said...

The Threshold is perfect. For the little girl on the horse (which I love) I look at it and think "Pure". Don't know why, also "Peace or Peaceful". The rest, no idea, sorry
Michelle

Anonymous said...

oh, what about "Pure Delight" for the horse? (She's just so precious)
Michelle

shara said...

shannon, first of all your photography rocks. funny, but these are some of my favorite pictures of yours. i heart the one of paige on the horse and piper picking hearts.. you'll do awesome, but i'm wishing you luck just the same!

Michelle said...

Love your final choices!