Wednesday, March 04, 2009

A Day In The Life of Me.

Just a personal project I did today. To be honest this picture needs to be printed up huge in my house to remind me of all the sides of me. Lately the picture is way too heavy on the left side. I have lost perspective of the 4 "me's" on the right side of this image and have been reminded of this verse: (Matthew 6:21) For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Often time's that verse is used in relationship that where you spend your money is where your heart is. Well that may be the case with me as well, but mainly it's my time and focus. It's sad to see how easily I have slipped away from the mindset I started out with when I first started a little "side" business and how hard it is to get back to the correct perspective.

10 comments:

Lindsay said...

LOVE this post!

Real.

Honest.

True

Praying for you as you continue to try to balance all that your life holds.

Sweet Blessings said...

Shannon,

WOW! That picture is so "real" and so honest...as is your post! Thanks for sharing and helping me think about my "treasures"! You are on the right track...I can hear God whispering into your heart through this post....and I can truly see that "Home is where your heart is."!!! Sweet blessings!

Anonymous said...

Okay, it took me a few minutes to realize this was you in all the places of the picture, I thought, wow, what neat friends to be there doing those things in your home with you, then I realized it was you. This says something to everyone, a woman and or a wife has alot to juggle in her life and when we think we are slipping in some area we can rethink it and step by step put it back in order. No doubt this is a contant thing in all of our lives and you have given us all a reminder in that picture. I just drove to work praying about this very same thing in my life, thanks for the visual.
Love you,
Mom

Lindsay said...

still totally intrigued by this picture ... we all need something like that ... wouldn't that be a fun project? Hmmm... wonder if we could do it

Nicole said...

Wow what an eye opener. Thank you for helping all of us try to focus on the important thigs in life. It is way to easy to get lost in everyTHING else.

Katie said...

I LOVE it!! What a fun project and it is very thought provoking.

Love you!

BTW~I meant to ask you about your cupcake book...who is it by?

Angela said...

This is awesome!

Michelle said...

I am so with Lindsay... that picture is so captivating... I seriously would love to have one of me with all my 'me's' too! Seriously insightful!

Kristie said...

I love this "reflection" of you!!

Maintaining balance is a constant challenge!

We are all so many things to so many different people.

Molly said...

Love the picture Shan - puts everything in to perspective. I hope you can find a way to return to the balanced life you are seeking!

Molly