Sunday, April 19, 2009

Lessons learned on this sunny Sunday.

#1. Check hammock thouroughly after taking it out of winter storage.
#2. Allow only 1 human at a time on the hammock, no matter how little the other 2 humans are.
#3. Never allow anyone to play under the hammock while others are on it.
#4. A group of three take .001 seconds to make contact with the ground (or Emery's head) when a cable snaps on the hammock.
#5. A 7 year old's heads is not ever meant to break the fall of her 34 year old mother.
#6. However, apparently 7 year old heads bounce back to perefect health much faster than a 34 year old woman's lower back. For that I am very grateful.
#7. Trauma makes a woman very sleepy.
#8. Advil and a heat pad are my friends.

(Posting from my phone...so no spell check.)

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Love ya! Glad that you were ok!

Kristie said...

Oh my goodness!!

Glad everyone is ok...sorry about your back!!

Hopefully the heating pad does the trick and you 100% tomorrow!

Melissa said...

Oh wow! I think you just talked me out of getting a hammock. Hope your back feels better soon! Thank you for coming over the other night.

Lindsay said...

wowsers ... hoping your Monday is free of accidents/headaches/aches & pains!

Sweet Blessings said...

Praying you woke up pain-free, and ready to move! Most of all, I'm trying to imagine the whole event...and it looks scary in my little imagination : D I hope everyone had popsicles to make them feel better....Sweet blessings!

Jamie said...

Ouch! Glad everybody's OK!

Angela said...

Oh my word Shannon!

Anonymous said...

Where's Mike with the camera for all this fun? Glad Em is o.k.
Michelle

Katie said...

I was just thinking yesterday that I needed a hammock. Hope you are both recovered by now!