Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Clutter Update

So my mission this year 2009 was to declutter my home. Ugh! I thought the task would take all year, but then we decided to put the house on the market this summer so that sped up the process in overdrive. The house felt so great all shiny and decluttered with nearly a 3rd of our stuff in storage! Who needs to move now ;). Well, life happens and slowly but surely I let the clutter take over again. So I am back on a mission. But this time to make it who I am: To be a woman who has a neat and tidy home! Gasp!!! I know, a very hard task for an artistic girl like me. But I have learned that "artistic" excuse is really just a crutch. Time to throw that crutch out the door! So I am taking baby steps with the help of Flylady.com. Wow...what an amazing resource this site is for Mom's like me! So I am nervous to even post this because it isnt "who I am as a woman" yet. But I'm praying it sticks. (you can pray too if you think of me!).

This blurb on on Clutter was in my inbox this morning...I loved it and thought I would share.
(ps...i am posting this only after my morning routine of cleaning is done, it takes me less than 5 minutes, my sink is shiny and my 15 minutes of declutter project has been checked off, yes I use a timer!)

Cholesterol clogs arteries.Clutter invades the pathways of our homes.
Cholesterol increases blood pressure.Clutter causes stress in your life.
Cholesterol reduces your life span.Clutter decreases your joy in living.
Cholesterol cost major money when you treat it.Clutter pushes money away from you.
Cholesterol causes heart disease.Clutter destroys closeness in families.
Cholesterol is a result of over indulging in fatty foods.Clutter is a result of over indulging in stuff.
Cholesterol causes arteries to harden. Clutter causes hearts to harden.
Do you see that we have to put our homes on a cholesterol free,clutter free diet.
How do we do this: By changing our eating habits We live in a society in which the one who dies with the most stuff wins! Do you want your stuff to be the death of you.
Start changing you eating habits, by only buying things that are needed.When you bring something new home, purge something old that it replaces.
Get rid of the items that you have more than one of. Give away the things you no longer use.
Clean out those clothes that you can't wear.Clean out those attics and basements.
Look at why you are holding on to things. Are you afraid that you are going to have to do without. Fear and hoarding are signs that you don't have faith in God.
Clutter was clogging up my pathways to the abundance. When I got rid of my clutter I opened my heart to all the joy that life has to offer.
What is stopping you from getting rid of clutter?

8 comments:

Lindsay said...

AWESOME!! I'm excited for you ... and will be praying faithfully! :)

Anonymous said...

There is a woman here at work who has done something like that and she said took her about a year to become a habit but it really works great.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I love flylady! I used to clean my sink every night as I was trying to get myself on a schedule after the babies were born. I need to pick it up again.
XO
Jill

Kristie said...

Yeah!! Cheering for you and will be praying!!

Anonymous said...

Can this flylady help me too? What about dog hair, does she tell you how to declutter that??
Michelle

MyOhMy said...

Flylady is great, I do designate a lot of her "chores" to the kids (she doesn't mention that too much) so it makes it a little easier - mama can't do it ALL! There really is nothing like a shiny sink - even if the rest of my world is a disaster - keep us posted :)

Anonymous said...

I think it's a success -- every time I've come over (most of the time unannounced) the house looked great!! I will be praying for you too! Not easy to keep a neat house with 3 little ones, a dog and 3 cats! Love, Karen

Sweet Blessings said...

Oh, I'm so far behind on blogging I missed this GREAT post..that I so need too...I'm headed to check flylady out...and I'll be praying it sticks for you! Thanks for bringing a smile to my day! Sweet blessings!