Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Career fair

My day started at 5:45 this morning. Up on my own with an urgency to get going and run some errands before the family awoke. Mike, who usually takes the kids to school, had to drop Pip off at grandmas and then the kids at school. I was off to set up for my booth at the career fair for juniors and seniors in the area. Hundreds of them. I stood until 3 pm answering questions about my business. After tons of encouraging teens to go to college I packed up, shuffled kids around, did homework and got them ready for KidZone. It was crazy and I am glad I don't do this everyday. It was fun and exciting to share what I do with these students...but strange when my phone rang at 1pm and it was grandma telling me Piper was doing well. I hadnt even had a chance to stop and check in, or wonder how she was doing. Ick...what a strange feeling.

Today made me really appreciate the gift God has given me to be able to earn a living doing something I am passionate about, yet still be in my cozy home for most of my days. Home when the kids go off to school and home when they return. I love my life and I love being a homebody!

1 comment:

Sweet Blessings said...

How fun to get to share your passions with those growing young adults! So smiling that God has blessed you with the opporunity to be at home with your Sweet blessings! Have a GREAT Friday! Should I say Go Cougs, Go?!?! :D