Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Poser

This little extrovert (at home) has decided after many tears and long conversations with mama that she will no longer be a tap dancer. At least for now. The prospect of shaking her hips and blowing kisses in front of people was too much for her to bare. Although she loved all the rest of her dance and moves...I just couldn't ask her to get over it. I mean, what kind of example would it teach her to say "well all the other girls are doing the moves that make you feel uncomfortable...so you have to." I think for now...she is just too shy for a class like this. She'll grow out of it. But maybe we don't want her to grow out of not wanting to shake her little hips around huh?

3 comments:

Marisa said...

What a cute story! My mom pulled me out of dance class after a few weeks because I came home, practicing my routine, which included a shimmy...she thought that was waaaaayyyyy too seductive for a six year old...the moves are not for everyone:).

Anonymous said...

Piper will be fine not in dance class even though she looked darling in her outfit, she has other gifts that will surface.
Love Grandma Beach

Anonymous said...

So she's nothing like her mother is what you're saying?
Michelle