Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day...and other random stuff.

Mother's day was filled with activity...yet I still got a few hours to just relax with my book in the sunshine. After church we went to Hat Rock for a little picnic. Then Mike took the kids on a 3 hour search for the perfect hanging basket. Hence, the hammock time for me! He came home with not only a beautiful hanging basket but also a couple of fondu pots....so we had a feast later that evening. It was nummy...but a learning experience on how to truly fondu.

Here are a few pics of us at the park earlier in the day.


Including a classic one by Mike of my cleavage...he likes to take these shots. But notice the necklace...Em made that for me. (I love that he caught me twirling my hair...always)

Me and those who make me a Mom.

Pip looking at her panties. She had just squatted to go pee. Don't Judge! I'm a much better mommy for teaching my child this! And someday she will thank me. Emery on the other hand refuses...and I had to take her to the most nasty bathroom EVER!! Seriously girl, squatting is much more hygienic.
Speaking of panties...earlier in the day I went to pick Piper up from her Sunday School class. She was wearing this same sun dress she has on in this picture. I twirled her up in my arms only to feel soft bare buns! I just about screamed in shock. Here she was all during Sunday school with nothing on under her dress. Thankfully her teacher said no one noticed. I thought she might have just forgotten, so when I asked her about it she said "i didn't want to wear them." Oh Dear.
And here's another Piper story for you: On Tuesday while picking her and Zeke up from school, her teachers told me how they had a little conversation with the two of them about saving their kisses for their mommy's only. They said they had overheard Piper saying something along the lines of Zeke tried to kiss me or something. I had a little convo with her about it after dropping off Zeke. I said..."Did Zeke try to kiss you?" She Nodded. I asked..."well what did you say." (and here is the part I thought for sure she was going to say something along the lines of her telling him no...) But nope she said: "I said, Come and Kiss Me" OH DEAR, Again!!
We will be keeping our eyes on that little on! (Miss Tammy are you shocked?)
Michelle (Zeke's Mom) and I had a good laugh...both of them are the babies of the families...and both are very affectionate, kisses and hugs are abundant at home for them...so kissing and hugging each other probably seems normal. We will be having little reminders though about saving the kisses for family only.
And here's a random picture of my son Aladdin on his flying carpet.
And another random...I have been a mother for over 7.5 years...and this is the first french braid I have ever given Emery. I know it's not pretty...the purpose was for wavy hair in the morning. It worked!

10 comments:

Tracy said...

Happy Mother's Day, my friend! You are an Inspirational Mom.

Kristie said...

oh dear...:)

Sweet Blessings said...

Happy Thursday sweet girl : D I Just LOVED this post...it brought a much needed smile to my morning :D What a precious Mother's Day, filled to overflowing with many, many memories to remember! Sweet blessings!

Anonymous said...

I love the pics and story's. The one of Eme reminds me of your sister Michelle when she was 4, we were driving around the U.States and she absolutely refused to go potty outside anywhere or for that matter in dirty bathrooms, it was a challenge to say the least. You however were very much like Piper, hence, no underwear under your angel costume in front of a zillion people, you were proclaiming the coming of the Lord in the childrens play, I was horrified also to find that afterward there were no panties on your toosh.
Love the flying carpet man.
Mom

Kimberly said...

I love the stories of Piper--so classic. :)

Lindsay said...

Nice braids ... way better than I could ever, ever do! :)

** there is a reason I have boys ... and short hair :)

Katie said...

Love your Mom's comment :)

Fun update post!

Michelle said...

Love all of this! :)

Nicole said...

Love the story about Piper and her panties!! Whit does not like them either. I totally agree girl squatting is much better than port a potties!! Glad you had a great mothers day!!

Tiffany said...

Such a funny story!!!! :o) Good job on the french braid! I can't do it to save my life!!