Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Girls! It's already Starting!

I can't believe that I am already dealing with "stupid girl-friend stuff" with Emery and her friends already. It's only pre-school for petes sake! Today Emery said she didnt want to go to school tomorrow. When I probed her why she said that she likes all the kids, she just doesnt like play time. When I asked more...she asked me why "barbie and betsy (made up names) dont want to play with her. Oh how my heart broke. See Emery had a sweet little friend in pre-shcool who has now made another friend and they seem to leave Emery out. I dont know if it is intentionally or not, but I have seen it myself in the mornings when I drop her off. I remember those times...although I was usually the one leaving someone out. (horrible I know...but at least I can admit it now). I am trying to teach Emery how important it is to make an effort to make new friends. She plays well with the other kid, I just think she clings to that fact that one of the little girls is her specical friend outside of school, so she should be in school too. I did decide today to help foster some friendships with the other little girls in class. Maybe invite a new friend over for a play date with Emery. And just keep telling Emery how special she is and that she can make lots of friends...not just one. Oh, man not looking forward to Junior High!!!

Here's a pic of Emery...after several threats she finally fell asleep for a nap...in the "dog bed" Its not really a dog bed, its a cute little basket my mom made for ty to sleep in when he was born...he grew out of it so fast though, so its been used for such things as clothes, dolls, cats and now naps.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That breaks my heart! Emery is such a sweet girl! My boys just love when they hear that they are going to get to play with Ty Ty and Emery! I'm so sad for her and for you...it must be hard on a mama! I will pray for her little heart to heal.

K

Lindsay said...

The good thing about life is that we always have a friend named Jesus who loves us more than anything in the world - no matter what! Keep that sweet spirit growing Emery!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I do remeber those days with you girls as well with myself, not fun. It probably has to do with 3 being the number also, it just doesn't usually work out well when there are three people. I hope she will learn how she feels and will be special in treating others kindly.
This Grandma loves Emery so much and I will be praying for her. I love Lindsay's imput.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Poor Eme. . . that just breaks my heart! Girls can be so cruel to each other. I remember a birthday party my niece Susan had and one of the girls got mad at her before the party and told everyone not to go to it. I think one little girl showed up and Susan was crushed.

Eme looks like a precious little angel sleeping in the basket -- such a sweet little girl!!

Love
Grandma Karen