Sunday, February 26, 2006

Meet My Stylist


So when my husband surprised me by telling me that a chunk of the tax return is all mine for a Shopping Spree I knew I needed help. You see, I am convinced that with each child I had my sense of style shrunk. Or maybe I never had a sense of style and I am just now realizing it....Remember the green suit I wore for College Graduation ladies? So, I "hired" a stylist. And when I say "hired" I mean...She was paid by some quality time with me, her dear friend ;). It turned out to be perfect. Angela loves to shop...I on the other hand do not. I don't know if I have always been this way or what, but I definitely do not really enjoy clothes shopping or spending money on clothes. Am I a girl? I did however enjoy this shopping spree. Maybe it was because I was given a a budget of "whatever it takes to get you out of your 1992 housewife wardrobe so I never have to hear you say I HAVE NOTHING TO WEAR again". Definitely a girls dream come true. It did stress me out a bit; not wanting to spend too much or too little. And I did have to call Mike when I was sitting in the shoe section lamenting over an 85$ pair of shoes. His response, "well, I would never spend that much on a pair of tennis shoes, but if they're what you want, go for it." I am now the new owner of the cutest pair of Deisels. No buyer's remorse here! Thank you so much Angela for all your hard work, wisdom and patience with me...and sorry about the Gouchos, hopefully they will grow on my by summer.

5 comments:

Kristie said...

Oh very fun! Can't wait to see the new shoes! I think you totally have style! Although that might not mean much coming from me since trendy would probably not be the way people would discribe my wardrobe!

Anonymous said...

I had a blast! I am so excited about all your fun new clothes! I might have to borrow the shoes. Just kidding!
Love you,
Ang

Lindsay said...

Watch out world - here comes Shannon and Ang! What fun it must have been to have the best stylist around to help you shop - she definitely knows style when she sees it!

Anonymous said...

Shan, I totally remember the green suit (and matching scarf) that you wore to graduation!! I actually liked it; it was very appropriate for 1997 ;)

What a fun shopping spree!

Jamie

Anonymous said...

You both look beautiful!