Thursday, February 23, 2006

She's Destined to be a Contortionist

*Just a warning...Im using this blog today as a journal, it will be all over the place...and the title is my way to use humor to hide my emotional state. **No Pity Please**

Piper had her One Year Well Check today. I have had mixed feelings about this appointment for a while. On one hand anxious to hear the Doctor's opinions on Piper' development, on the other hand dreading what I would here. I took Mike for emotional support.

As far as her weight goes; She is 16.12. A huge 11 oz larger than three months ago. Strange for a little piggie. I am trying not to blame myself and my nursing for this. Everything I know about nursing tells me it is NOT me. And I really dont think that is it, but I think it's a natural thing for me to blame myself. Doctor was happy to see she's happy and healthy, would just like to see her chunk up a bit. She gave us PediaSure and an appointment in one month to see if she's grown. If not there are blood test. I really wish I would have asked her what they would be looking for in those blood test. Might have to call and ask...a little annoyed she didnt just tell me while I was there.

As far as her mobility goes; Doc would have liked to see her crawling by now. She's sending sweet little Piper to physical therapy. Maybe they will see something. No doubt about it the girl is flexible...(that's where the contortionist comment came from.) When the doctor asked if there are really flexible people in our family I said...sure, I was flexible...could do the splits, yada, yada....I soon felt a little stupid when she said "well, I was thinking more on the lines of double-jointed" Had to laugh. Mom...are there any freakishly flexible people in our liniage? Maybe she'll be a gymnist.

To top it all off she had three shots, daddy had duty this time to hold her down...and I havent stopped crying since. Just an emotional day...(but hey, its been a while am due for one)
**again, please no pity**

oh and Insurance Sucks!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man Shannon,
I can so relate to how you are feeling.
Just know that you are one of the best mommies I have ever known and you are doing the right thing. I will pray for you and Piper, I know things will be OK.
Keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

Hi honey, I am praying for you. I am not worried about the weight, I don't think you were much larger than that at a year and Michelle was less. Not sure what to say about her crawling, I quess I think it will come. We certainly know of others like her. I guess you can just go along with the Dr. and do the things she asks and if nothing if found wrong then don't worry. Piper is precious!!! I was very agile but I wasn't double jointed, not sure about the other side of the family, maybe A. Nan could fill you in there. So glad Mike went with you for support.
We will keep praying.
Love, Mom

Lindsay said...

Life loves to throw us curveballs and my advice to you is to trust yourself. God has blessed you a heart that knows to trust Him with everything... and I know you are and will continue to praise Him. I think of that song that says that every blessing He pours out - you will turn back to praise... Praise God for Piper... she is a definite blessing- that smile that melts hearts and the personality that shines!
This too shall pass - and everything will be fine!

Praying for you today - Lindsay

Anonymous said...

I love reading the love notes Lindsey sends you, she has a heart bathed in the Lord for sure and she loves to sharing it with you, how fortunate you are to have the friends you do.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Shannon, I'm soo sorry to hear how stressed you are feeling. I will have you and your sweet baby girl in my thoughts and prayers.
Sherry