Thursday, June 15, 2006

Capture Emotion

I love to scrapbook, did you know that? For many reasons. But I think the biggest reason is that I am able to capture on paper and in picture my emotions, my hopes, my memories (since they fade fast) and really who I am. These layouts are perfect examples of that. They are not of a specific event, just random pictures. But the pictures mean so much to me. They capture the emotion in my children, and therefore in me. Those are the kind of memories I want to capture, to journal about, to look back in years to come when I am missing their little innocence. I especially want my children to look back and be able to read my feelings about them. Enjoy. Glee Journaling: "Glee and pure joy. When we see it on your face we cant help but feel it too. We love you Ty. Mom and Dad.
In 10 Years Journaling: "In ten years, will you love each other like on this day? Will you giggle like on this day? Will you show your affection towards each other like on this day? In Ten Years Emery will almost be 15 and Piper will be 11. I expect some drama, but I hope for the same giggles and hugs. I twenty years I just know you will be best friends."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh' My GOSH, Shannon.
I already saw these pictures, in real life, and even already read the journaling that you wrote, but seeing it all put together here brought tears to my eyes! It turned out awesome! You Rock! Inspiring me to scrap! So glad you posted this!

Anonymous said...

Shan, those are great!! I wish I had something like that to look back on....how special for your kids :)

Jamie

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are doing that for your kids, as you know I left you with shoe boxes of pictures!!!
The love was there just not the creativity.
Love, Mom

Kristie said...

Very sweet! Love them both!

Anonymous said...

Shannon, these are adorable pictures!! Ty looks like he's having a great time and Eme and Piper are just adorable. . .they have such a special affection for each other! Special moments!

Grandma Karen

Anonymous said...

Incredible!

I am so lucky to have you as part of the Daisy Bucket team! Your work is always inspiring. Simple yet artsy, heartfelt and full of life!

Thanks so much for sharing!
Cassandra