Saturday, November 01, 2008

Halloween 08

Well, I know some of you are waiting to see what family costume scheme we pulled off this year. Sorry to disappoint, but we just didn't have it in us due to a combination of crazy schedules and kids that all wanted to do there own thing. I did however manage to pull off a last minute effort for myself. Yup, that's my dress and veil. It has been waiting 8.5 years to go to the cleaner and get packed...so I took it out one last time.

We kept some traditions. Of course the D family came over to celebrate Halloween as well as Darrin's b-day. The celebration was a little shorter since the guys went to the football game later in the evening. And no dinner in a pumpkin. I couldn't quite figure out how Taco Soup would taste inside one. But it was still a blast.

On top of that we had 3 other little events to attend during the day. Starting at 9:30 am.

Good times, and I am very thankful for a couple days of rest.



It was nice this year, because the weather was warm enough and the kids were old enough to sit on the porch and hand out the candy while us moms sat inside monitoring it all.

12 comments:

Sweet Blessings said...

Looks like the perfect, fun-filled Halloween to me! I LOVE that you put your wedding dress on...hey, maybe I should do that...mine's been waiting 21 years to get cleaned and packed away...ha, ha.!!! You always make me laugh...and your kids are always adorable! I hope you get to enjoy a little Sugar yourself...and some time to just "be"! Sweet blessings!

Michelle said...

I must admit- I have been waiting for this post. :) Bummer that life has been so busy that it wasn't as full and eventful this year. I love how you mama's dressed up. :) I am SURE I wouldn't fit in my wedding dress... pretty impressed.

Anonymous said...

How fun!
Seriously... You can still fit into your dress? That is sooooo great! I haven't been able to fit into mine in at least 50 pounds! :)
I love that you dressed up!
I have wanted my kids to match, with some sort-of a theme, but for the past serveral years, they have wanted no part of it.
Looks like you all had a good time!

Kristie said...

seriously tempted to pull out my dress right now and try it on....glad I'm not the only one who still hasn't gotten her dress cleaned and sealed!:) Although I'm not sure who I am saving it for since I have three boys...

Amanda said...

Woah....Way to go on still being able to fit into your wedding dress!!

Lindsay said...

Love the wedding dress!! :)

Katie said...

I'd probably pass out if someone tried to zip me into my wedding dress....you look beautiful :)

Leslie said...

Oh what a fun night! I LOVE LOVE that you wore your wedding dress! I am pretty sure mine woulnt even fit past my ankles! :)

Sue said...

You've been the super-family with all your great ideas and fun events. It looks like this one was great no matter how you have done past ones. Happy holidays!

Melissa said...

Looks like my girls matched Eme and Piper on Halloween.

I have had your taco soup and it is yummy! Have a great week!

Crystal said...

Here comes the bride...

:)

Kailin said...

Great pictures!

I can't believe you can still fit into your wedding dress...I KNOW mine wouldn't fit!