Saturday, February 21, 2009

She just had to prove she was 3 for one last day!

Yes, that would be a picture of a sad little three-year-old-for-one-last-day. That would be a picture of a little girl with no...absolutely No bangs! That would be a picture of the giant wad of what-were-bangs in front of her.
So...why is she looking so sad. I bet your thinking because her mama when Ape on her. Nope...that wouldn't be the case. She walked down the stairs, after sheepishly warning me she had something to show me. All this mama could do was gasp and try to hold back the fits of laughter. I mean come on, look at those big brown eyes...so pathetic. How do you scream at them in a moment like this. SHE IS SO THE THIRD CHILD! Emery never got off this easy after cutting her hair FIVE TIMES! But this was Piper's first time. Something very unlike her to do. All I could do was hold her while she bawled in my arms...mind you I was still trying to hold back the laughter. (frankly I still am.) I finally asked if she was crying because she was afraid mama would get mad. She said no. So I asked why she was so sad....and then my heart broke. She said, while covering her little forehead with the back of her chubby little hand "I don't like how I look." How sad and sweet is that? I just kept reassuring her that she is still a very pretty little girl and her hair will grow right back. And now we get to buy a bunch of cute little hairbands to cover up the bangs while they grow back.
She perked up pretty quick after that. Especially since mama still couldn't stop giggling. That started to backfire and she started thinking what she did was pretty funny too. Um...no! DON'T DO IT AGAIN! You can not really tell from these pictures...but it is to her scalp!!!! It's not cute what-so-ever. But, im not about to tell her that...I want her to keep on thinking she's the cutest little 4-year-old around! And just in time for her birthday party tomorrow!

Oh, and by the way...if you will see her in the next couple of days...try not to make a huge deal of it in front of her. I don't want that to backfire or make her uncomfortable...any more than her mama does since I cant stop staring at her forehead.



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, aren't you glad you had her photo shoot complete? Why do they always seem to do these things right before some special occasion?
Did Ty do this?
She does look quite sad, more so that I think Emery ever did so maybe Piper will think twice before she does this again.
Grandma Beach still loves her alot adn hopes she has a wonderful birthday party today, we will call her later to see how the party went.
Mom

Michelle said...

Oh... been down this road! (at 5 years old!) She'll always be beautiful. Happy B Day Miss Piper!

Nicole said...

The look on her face breaks my heart. I m so thankful I have not had to deal with this one YET.

Katie said...

Oh poor babe. She looked adorable this morning with her hat....I never would've guessed!

Happy Birthday sweet Piper...Claire can't wait for your party!!

Tanya said...

I can't pick my jaw up from the ground! I commend you for not going ape on her....I so would have not been able to be you right then! My girls are lucky they never did that! But you are right....she is still beautiful, and the story makes me feel emotional...you are a good mama! This is sure to be one you will never forget! Happy happy birthday Piper!

Kristie said...

oh man!!

Happy Birthday sweet girl!!

Lindsay said...

Happy Birthday Piper!!

Enjoy your special, special day!

Sweet Blessings said...

Oh MY...now you will definitely always remember the day your baby turned from three to four...! Thanks so much for giving me the heads up...I will make sure she feels very pretty on Tuesday! (Actually, I think I won't say a word!!!) Most of all, I'm glad you could see the humor in it all...hair is hair you are right..and what little girl doesn't do that at least once! Praying you have a great Sunday! Sweet blessings!

the Miller's said...

cracking me up! You are such a good mama.