Monday, July 18, 2005

Going Swimming with 3 Kids!

Eat lunch…
Get kids packed…
Go to wal-mart for suits…(lost mine and emery’s last time we went swimming)
Find Eme and Piper suits…
Try on 3 different ones for me with 3 kids in changing room…
Nothing is working...fat.....Okay...this is where I want to swear...but I'll refrain.
Decide to go get a tank and shorts on at home…
Will play with Piper on side of pool and kids can swim with Grandma and their cousins…
Go Pay for Girls Suits….
Walmart isn’t taking Debit because phones are down…
No Check book in purse…
Friends in line offer to buy the suits for us…
Finally found Business Checks…that worked..
Drive to Swimming pool…
Start to unpack car…
No new swim suits…
Idiot left them in cart…{that would be me}
Drive fast back to Walmart…
Pray they are still in cart…
Prayer not answered my way…
Thinking about just going home…
Unpack all kids and walk into walmart…
Ty wants to go home and take a nap now…
Wait in huge line at Customer Service…
Give up waiting…
Now I have to go home…we have no suits…
Walk out of walmart…
Cart Guy is walking in with my bag…
Prayer now answered…
Pack up car and drive to swim park…
See Grandmas car in parking lot…phew…
Pay for tickets…
Get inside...no Grandma or cousins in site…
Walk around pool frantically looking for them…
Completely about to cry now…(remember I cant swim with the kids because I have no suit)
Get kids in suits and sunscreen…
Still no Grandma, car no longer in parking lot…
Finally find Cousins in Big pool….
They were kind and stopped playing basketball to play with the kids…
Finally Grandma Arrived…(she had to go home to get her swim shoes because the ground was blasted hot!!!) I don’t blame her.
Kids had a fun afternoon in the pool…
Big pool was cleared because of Poop AGAIN!!!! (third time in a row)
Go to car...Blazing Car Seat buckles…Melted Crayon on seats. (sorry mike…but it cleaned right up with a wippy) {insert I told you so from Mike here}
Home at 4:45!
Kids Napping….(don’t care how late it is…I NEED DOWN TIME!!)

The fun of summer. We’re going again Tomorrow or the next day, thank goodness Grandma lives here!!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

What a day!!! I think I just felt my ovaries slow down a bit :) I wish I was there or you were here to play.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to my world! I feel for you man, I've been there!
3rd time with poopoo in the pool, holy COW! That is NASTY!
Glad you are back to posting! I missed ya!

Anonymous said...

Do the people who swim in the pool not know what swim diapers are???

I was cracking up, but at the same time feeling your pain. I can't imagine taking 3 kids into a dressing room! Mine would be crawling under the doors and heading down the hallway just as I took my shirt off, I'm sure!

Love you and can't wait to see you.
Jill

Anonymous said...

I didnt know if I should cry or laugh! What a day, I am pretty sure I would have just gone home a lot sooner than you did! You are such an amazing Mommy!
Love ya,
Les