Sunday, March 11, 2007

Art!

We had the 3rd Annual Education Foundation Art Auction last night. It's a great event raising money for art education in our town. I wanted to share some of the pieces I, Mike and my parents had up for auction.

My Blue Adobe Door.


My Parents doors from the Cotswolds. The same man bought all three doors. He was surprised to learn after the auction that we were related. He said, "Well, they like doors." And apparently so did he.

The Day Cabins, by my parents on the same trip to England.

And Mike's two pieces. "Last Train to Nowhere." and a custom poster. Winning bid got a picture of their choosing done like the dog poster.

It's always a fun night out all dressed up with our friends.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pieces of art! What a talented family...
Love, Les

Michelle said...

It was fun. We ended up going home with an item. We really like it...but don't like the frame. After we get past the sticker shock... we will have it reframed. :-)

Kristie said...

Very cool! I looooove the blue door! So beautiful! All the art you guys contributed is great!

Anonymous said...

Your kids are bound to be artistic! I love all of the doors.

Love,
Katie

Lindsay said...

Very cool doors! I'm glad you got to go... did you come home with anything new? Wishing I had made it there, but it was a very busy weekend!

Tiffany said...

You are so creative and artistic! I love it. Everything you do is so great. :o)

Anonymous said...

Yea for the doors!!! Did anyone buy the day cabin picture?
Love, Mom

Jennifer said...

I didn't know you were involved in he art auction! That is great! You guys did a great job!