Monday, July 09, 2007

The Red Wood Forest

On our way into the forest we stopped off at this lighthouse. Notice the span of water we had to cross to get over the the light house island. Apparently we got there after the tide started to come in from both sides of us.

Here we are on our trail tour and lift ride thru the trees...it was beautiful.
Okay, and you have to stop off and see Paul Bunyon and his Blue Ox Babe. So a funny little Ty story to go along with this picture of Emery under Babe. Ty was standing under him and he pointed to the back of babe's body and asked daddy, "what is that hanging there daddy?" Mike, in his Mike way simply stated..."Those are his Balls son." And then Ty in is sweet little innocent voice said "You mean these daddy?" as he cupped his own. Oh, Men!


Mike's favorite thing to do thus far was driving through the trees...it was a tight squeeze in the mini.

The view from the top of our cable ride up. And Ted, we took this one for you.

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

The Forest looks like so much fun!! I really want to go there sometime! Ty's comment about the ox is hillarious. Classic!

Michelle said...

Totally love the BALLS comment! I remember driving through those trees when I was about your kiddo's age! These memories will last!

Kristie said...

:)

Nicole said...

I loved going to the red woods when I was young. I think we must have taken about the same root all your pictures are bringing back great memories, although I didn't remember that they actually put "Balls" on babe.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I can't stop laughing about the "balls" comment!!! We also did the same trip when we were kids, such good memories.

Ang

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud when I read the Ty/Mike convo...I love it!