Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A special little Angel


(Blog Hijack-posted by Mike)

At Christmas time we hear all about angels we have heard on high, well here is a story about a living angel in the truest meaning of the word. I am sitting here amazed at so many things. Her bravery, would I have done the same? She is 7 years old and dove between her mother and a gunman to spare her mom's life. Her will to live is inspiring, she takes 6 shots, several to the head, and is now in stable condition? WOW, Praise the Lord!


Out of all the garbage I read every day about the mistreatment of children, I am filled with joy after reading about a little hero, or angel, named Alexis Goggins. While I am thrilled she is still alive, I am also sad because she is going to need a lot of surgery to repair the damage done to her tiny body and will also live life blind in one eye.

This Christmas I want to make a difference in someone's life, pay back the gifts God has given me, so I am sending my small token and hope it will add up with many others to make an impact on this child's life, because I know she has already impacted mine!

If you would like to donate, checks should be made out to the Alexis Goggins Hero Fund and sent to Campbell Elementary School in care of the Alexis Goggins Hero Fund, 2301 E Alexandrine St, Detroit, MI 48207.

For information, call (313) 494-2052.

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

WOW!! Totally puts everything into perspective doesn't it.

Thanks for sharing this angel with us!! :)

Anonymous said...

I couldn't believe this when I read it on the news. Like you I am amazed! Thanks for the info on where to send gifts. Love, Mom

Katie said...

My heart just breaks and at the same time rejoices for that little one's strength! Thanks for sharing.

Amy Tolar said...

Wow, Mike, thank you so very much for posting this! What an amazing little girl!

Angela said...

WOW! A special angel indeed!
Thanks for sharing this and did you see that Toby Mac posted on my blog????

Kailin said...

This story made me sick when I heard it, but an amazing one indeed! Thanks for sharing.

Crystal said...

How amazing to know and feel so much at just 7 years old!