Thursday, December 27, 2007

That's a Wrap!

So we have wrapped up Christmas (pun intended). I have taken a few days to blog it because I have been relaxing, enjoying time with the kids, watching new movies and playing with new toys, theirs and mine. We had a very action packed couple of days all taking place at our house! It was busy and chaotic, but I would do it all again. My parents were down as well as my brother and sister-in-law and their boys. The kids had a blast. The Dog cousins had a blast. And we ate non-stop!


Sadly I took far to little pictures. Like maybe 10 in all. I realized I didn't even get any pictures of my little boy opening gifts and just one of the girls :(. And not a single one of all the cousins together. O' well.

So it began Christmas Eve:
A dinner of appetizers. Zucchini rolls, Terryaki chicken wings, Toquitos, Smoked Salmon, Bakes Brie, Garlic Dip, Cheese & Crackers.



Then Candlelight service at church. The kids all dolled up and therefor thinking it was time to perform for the whole church in our seats (a tad embarrassing.)


Then home for Dessert and Family and Friends. This year in a last minute attempt to cut back from baking I stuck a candle in a cookie for Jesus instead of making a birthday cake. (sorry, again no picture) Ty got to eat that cookie and he went around telling his cousins he was eating Jesus's cookie. Emery then said "Jesus can eat the cookie" I asked how and she said. "He can eat it in our throat because he lives in our heart." We all got a good laugh out of that. How cute.





So this is the living room before Santa arrived (around 11 pm once the kids finally settled down)







And here it is after he arrived (mind you there are a couple of families items under the tree)









Christmas morning started slightly before 7 am. Too early!!


Ponies for Piper along with Dora, Dora & Dora stuff!!


Treats and Toys for Mav from his cousin Tosh who wore him out! He slept for a solid day after he left. A nice Cougar collar from Santa.

All things girly for Em...including some "cool shoes" as she calls them. (Vans)
No pic of Ty...(trying not to cry here) Stacey if you have any please send them my way.
But he was blessed with his Patriots Uniform, Pirate stuff, legos, dinosaur hatching creatures (thanks mike ;), etc.


And this little man was so pleased with everything he got. He sat in this spot for close to 2 hours not moving...just playing.
His big brother (not pictures ;( also had fun opening up lots of stuff for drumming and snowboarding.

And an after picture. Oh man. A mini panic attack for mommy. Unfortunately I am serious...but that's a whole other post.


And Kael after all the action!


So many highlights of Christmas! I loved having my brother and his family here, we laughed alot!! It's been forever since I have spend Christmas with him. And the kids love their cousins!

Well off to play with some of my toys that I am excited about. Photog geek stuff!

11 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh my gosh I love it! Looks like a TON of fun. I can't get enough of Emery and Pipers skirts. They are just TOO adorable!!

Katie said...

Well, you took more pictures than me...it's way too easy to get caught up in the action and forget to take pictures. Glad you were able to have a nice time.

Kristie said...

Looks like fun! Curious about the panic attack thing though???

Kristie said...

My kids were probably wishing I didn't take so many pictures.

Nicole said...

Looks like you had a great time glad you go to spend it with family.

Michelle said...

The girls were SO SO cute in their skirts!

The first thing Emery showed us the other day were her Vans... she's very proud!

I love the tee-pee addition (are those for your house?)

I love that you received photo geek stuff... benefits us all!!! :-)

Enjoy this snow tonight.

Tanya said...

WOWEEE!! Looks like a whole lot of fun! Anxiously waiting the story about the panic attack ;)

Lindsay said...

I'm thinking that your house was the place to be!!

Love the one of Kael sleeping - pretty sure I would have been joining him after all that fun! :)

Angela said...

It looks like you guys had a great time!

Leslie said...

Looks like so much fun! I too am curious about the panic attack...for real? I love the picture of Piper's face when she is opening her My Little Pony set...so sweet!
PS. My MIL cried when she opened the framed pictures of the kids...she LOVED them!

Crystal said...

Wow! Lots of presents, family and fun! Get some time to relax for yourself. The kids looked adorable!