Friday, January 30, 2009

Tummy Talk

Piper made a couple notable comments about the tummy this week. One cute...one not so cute:

First one: She came out for about the 4th time after I put her in bed for the night. She likes to invent big questions at bed time to stall sleep. She asked "What happens if Jesus doesn't live in our tummy?". After questioning her it was revealed she meant in our Heart, not tummy. That led to a little 3 year old discussion about Heaven and Forgiveness. I thought it was pretty cute.

Second (not so cute) one: We were laying on the bed together watching a movie and I was messing with my button on my pants, my shirt was up a bit and she asked; "mama, why is your tummy old?" Um... Nice! I promptly replied, "because I had lots of fat babies!!!"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious, even if it not funny to you. They say it as they see it, don't they?
Love, Mom

Michelle said...

My tummy is old, too! :)

Nicole said...

So is mine at least yours is not "big" and old. Don't they say the "funniest" things.

Katie said...

So sweet....and hilarious :)

Sweet Blessings said...

You just have to Love how three year olds view life :D Thanks for bringing a smile to my day...Have a great weekend! Sweet blessings!

Lindsay said...

Ok ... I'm totally remembering a terrible moment in the bathroom in Bend when we were discussing stomachs ... I really wasn't meaning to sound as {mean} as it came across. :)

Hope you have a GREAT week!

Sue said...

You guys just stop it! Mine's the OLDEST! You are ALL adorable!!! The first time you go to blow dry your hair and you hang your head down, look in the mirror and notice your face fell then call me. It's a nightmare---it happened!