Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Just An Update...

I haven't posted in a few days so I thought I would do a general update of things.

~ Piper has gained 9 oz. Huge for her!! We're pretty excited about that. She still hates her physical therapy but they are noticing some progress. More strength in her legs and she's transitioning to her knees better. Still not quite crawling yet...but standing better when we position her.
~ I have finished 3 out of my four weddings that were due this week. The bride for the fourth just got me their final proof so she's not expecting her's till next week! Yeah.
I also had a order for birth announcements due this week and samples for a new wedding. So I hired a friend to do the assembly work for the announcements. She had them back to me the next day. What a huge help that was, I'm hoping to use her more in the near future. Thanks Whit!
~ I got a request for custom samples for a bride in Virginia. Wow, when I asked her where she found my site she said she just did a google search and mine was one that came up. That makes me very happy!! Yeah Google! This should be a fun one. She is marrying a man from Bangladesh, so she wants a suttle Henna design on the invite. Fun, but I'll be hiring Mike for that part of the design.
~ I had Mike who is also my purchasing manager buy me a laser printer. I've been needing one for a while and I finally took the plunge. It should be here next week, I am so hoping it makes my envelope printing go smoother.
~I register Ty for Pre-school next month. I was thinking he would just be in the four year old class for two years since we wont start him in kindergarten til he is six. But I found out he has to be in the 3 year old class because their policy is they have to be Four by September 1st. He'll be Four September 3rd and before the start of school. But that's their policy. Although this will mean he will be in the class with all the kids he will eventually start kindergarten with, I am worried they will only be expecting 3 year old behavior and development out of him. And since he will be four I don't want that. I have been told that many of the boys that are in the 3 year old class are actually 4. We'll see, I think I will still talk it over with the director so I feel better about it.
~ Just to give you an update on the auctions we went to this weekend. The art auction raised over 15,000 for the Education Foundation and the Pie auction raised 5,400 for the youth in our church.

Okay, I think your all updated. Here's a layout of Ty I did for the March Daisy Bucket embellishment kit. A quick and easy one.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My grandson in time out, that can't be. Sweet layout.
Mom

Anonymous said...

I love this layout! What is the word right after Mommy?
Auntie Michelle

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am so excited to be a part of your blog ;)

You are welcome, I loved helping!
Whit

Anonymous said...

Ditto on the preschool/age thing!I am in the same boat, the exact same boat, actually! :) Except, it is probably worse for Ashlyn because she is a girl, and girls are USUALLY more mature than boys at that age. I am SO O.K. with it though, she is my baby and I want her to stay my baby as long as I can. It will all work out! He will do fine. Besides, Miss Tammy and Miss Suzie are WONDERFUL! You will LOVE them. They are my favorites!

Tracy said...

Wow, Shan - it sounds like things are clicking along! I can't wait to see the Bangladesh invites ... this should be interesting. :)

Anonymous said...

haven't been by in awhile (shame on me!).... good to read your updates.. YEA, Piper!
Congrats on the Invitation business success and I LOVE your layout!
S~