Sunday, March 12, 2006

Up for Auction



So can you guess which one went for more?

We had two auctions to go to this weekend. The Annual Art Auction which raises money for the Education Foundation in our Town. And our church Pie Auction which raised money for the Youth to go to a Conference in San Francisco later on this month.
The first picture is a picture I took in Santa Fe. I was asked to donate it to the Art Auction. Having never had a photo of mine publicly displayed before, I was a bit nervous. But much relieved to see it went for $80 in the silent auction, and then another $55 for one unframed to a lady who wanted it badly, but was out bid.
The second picture is of a Whopper Pie Mike made for the church auction. It promptly sold for $150. Yup, you read right One Hundred and Fifty dollars Sold to the Highest Bidder!!! Mike's Mom!
So Mike beat me...not that it was a competition or anything ;). They were both for worthy causes. I shall now go dig into the Marionberry pie I bought!

8 comments:

Lindsay said...

Great job to both of you!
Thanks for being a great part of this community - your talent is appreciated by many!

Anonymous said...

I love that picture! It would look nice in your living room!

We had a piece of our $150 pie last night and it was scrumptious!! Actually it was Gene who picked the pie. He said he wanted it so when he won the bid I just picked it up for him. How was the marionberry? That's one of my favorite fruit.

Lindsay said...

Hey there - I want the recipe for that pie...will Mike share?

Anonymous said...

LOVE the picture! And the pie sounds good too! Funny that he beat you. What a great thing you BOTH did, that is awesome!

Kristie said...

Good job to both of you!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome for both of you! I want that Whopper Pie right now, it looks so good!
Leslie

Anonymous said...

Pretty simple

Buy a half gallon of vanilla ice cream (or for all those weight conscious people, frozen yogurt) and a tub of cool whip (yes the make that light as well). Then get a box of Whoppers and a chocolate pie crust. Personally I like the chocolate ones, but many use the Oreo crust.

Take half of the ice cream, half of the Cool Whip and mix them together (best if you let this soften up a bit). Then chop up half of the box of Whoppers, and mix most of them in (save a little to sprinkle on top) and there you have it. Pour that mixture into the pie crust, flip the clear plastic lid upside down and cover and freeze. That's it.

If you notice, the recipe takes HALF of everything you buy, so you have enough to make two ;) One for me and one for you.

Tracy said...

Yummmmmm ... I gave up sweets this year for Lent, so right now I'd pay more the $150.00 for a Whopper Pie.