Thursday, March 30, 2006

They're Moving...

I just typed this big long post and lost the hole Dang things...so now I am cranky.
This picture was taken just minutes after we stepped out of our van after a weekend in Seattle. Emery informed me that she wanted to live with Grandma and Grandpa "Beach", so they packed up the wagon full of Stuff...Including a dead branch, a sponge bob umbrella and one of Mike's 2x2s. Maybe the 2x2 was because Ty was really missing his daddy, but didn't know how to express that. Mike left last Thursday to San Fran. with our church youth group. They went to Battle Cry. So I decided last minute to head over to my parents house. The kids got some good playing time with Grandma on the beach. Piper, clung to Grandpa all weekend and I got some good Girl time with my girlfriends on Sunday. I met Annie, Jaime, Leah and Molly for lunch. Thanks girls it was fun. Them Molly and I headed off to Paper Source for some "paper shopping". The other ladies opted out of that adventure...not quite as into the love of paper as Mols and I are.

Mike returned on Tuesday so we are back to settling into the normal routine of life. Emery is on Spring Break right, so the real routine starts up again next week. DD is keeping me busy still, but I have delivered 4 weddings. That is the best part of the job...the finished product out the door and off my desk. And the final check of course. Mike and I are now in the process of trying to figure out the best way to organize the financial part of the business. How to track it best, tithe out of it, save some of it...yada yada. So Quicken and I will be spending some serious quality time together entering in 3 months of invoices and receipts. Fun!! Are you proud of me Kristie ;).

Well, I am probably boring you to death now...but just catching up. I'll leave you on a happy note. Piper is ALMOST crawling!!! I think it will be just a few more days! Yeah Pips!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news about Piper! It was great to see you this past weekend as well...glad you had fun paper shopping ;)

Jamie

Kristie said...

Yes, as a cpa, I am always proud to see my friends in the small business world get organized and find out exactly how much money they really make!;) I'm waiting in the wings for DD to go national and require a CFO (Chief Financial Officer) with you as CEO (Chief Executive Officer) of course!:) Have fun with the Quicken!

Glad that the Seattle trip was a big hit with the kids! So cute that they were packing up the head back to the beach!

Anonymous said...

I love it, I was hoping to make memories with them but didn't realize it would have that impact on them. No doubt they would get homesick in no time if they were her too long.
So glad to hear about Piper and her progress this week, I knew she would do it!!!
Have a good week-end.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! It was so good to see you guys...too bad Ava wasnt here to meet you!
Love, Les

Lindsay said...

Love it! What a fun time your kids must have had with Grandma & Grandpa :) Love that wagon!