Wednesday, April 26, 2006

A Sigh of Relief!

Okay, Mops is over for the month. I can now take a deep breath and dive into Invitations!!!!
My talk went okay I think. I am glad it is over. There was a small crowd this month so that was nice and a little more relaxed. My talk was titled "Dreaming while Mothering". It pretty much just was about how as mothers of small children we need to make sure not to shelve our own dreams and aspirations completely. To try to focus, if not for a small time each week on our own dreams, hobbies, goals etc. Although our mothering time takes up the bulk of it, if we forget about our own personal growth, then when the kiddos are gone in 18 years we can end up lost saying what's next. I talked a bit about my hobbies, and goals for each of them. And how those goals will continue to evolve with each stage my family goes through; pre-school years, school years and then empty nest. I hope I was encouraging for some women that don't feel like they have time for their own thing. I also talked about the GUILT that comes along with Motherhood and how I suffer from that every time I want to take a day away from the kids to go scrapbook, or every time I have a night filled with meetings with Brides. But how believing the guilt is legitimate is not always believing the truth. (something my mom recently taught me).
Anyways, now that that is over...on with working on my dream to be a world famous invitation designer (ha!).
Time you ask?? How do I have time for that. Well, this is how. My children have left me. No longer do they want to live in this house. They have informed me that they are staying with Grandma for 4 weeks. Last night I returned from my meeting to an almost empty house. Mike was home and Piper was asleep, but Emery and Ty were staying at grandma's! Wow, a new thing. We thought we might get a call from Ty saying he wanted to come home. But nope! I saw them for a few brief moments at Mops and then they were off to grandma's again, claiming they were staying for 4 weeks. Grandma says maybe one more night and then she'll be done! I think the waking up at 6am is enough for anyone.

Evidence of being spoiled by grandma and finally passing out at 9:30 pm

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad that MOPS went well. I know that you were encouraging to the women that attended.

K

Anonymous said...

Sweet!

Anonymous said...

Love it. It's so nice of Karen to give you a break. It helps you to appreciate the kids more when they're gone for awhile.
Michelle