Wednesday, October 08, 2008

October Ramble

October...my favorite time of the year. I always look forward to this month...but this year I am finding myself looking forward to when it's over. I know that sounds awful, but this happens to be the busiest Month in the history of this family. (okay that might be a slight exaggeration.).

Here's what we have going on, all good things...just busy:
High School Football every Friday night.
College Football (only one home game this month)
Piper's Cheer on Mondays
Church every Wednesday night
Small group every Sunday night.
Family in from Chicago then
Family in from Vegas & Seattle
10 regular photo sessions
20 mini-sessions
Mike building out a new studio for me at the Daisy Bucket, Yeah!
Then Shannon decorating it, Yeah! (good thing I have Cassandra there...she's the decorating queen.)
A annual Halloween Feast. (celebrating a tradition of being goofy with the D family and our kids...not satan ;). (side note, spell check wanted me to capitolize the SOB's name...I refuse.)
oh, and maybe a birthday for someone thrown in there ;)
All of this while starting off the month with a bought of strepish kind of illness for all of us.

Good Times!!! Like I said all of these things are very good things, fun things (aside from being sick). But I have this feeling inside that Im going to miss the warm and cozy feeling I get this time of year. Because when we are busy...time goes by without notice. I blink and it's gone. Therefore, I am going to try to focus on "Winking" more. Maybe it will help me hold on to October a little a tighter.

Randomness over...
(oh and dont you just love the pumkins in my header. I got them with a photo-shoot in mind. But that all depends on how the studio comes along.)

9 comments:

Angela said...

Your blog looks fantastic!

Oct is flying by!!!

Leslie said...

WOW! What a busy but fun month! I love your new fall colors...it looks great!

Lindsay said...

Love those pumpkins!! :)

Michelle said...

Love this post! ;) see my wink? ha!

Katie said...

I LOVE the new look....what cute pumpkins!

Sweet Blessings said...

You are such a talented, creative, amazing girl...May God give you many moments this October to enjoy the season! Sweet blessings!

P.S. Thanks for always making me smile!

Tiffany said...

LOVE the pumpkins!

Crystal said...

I love the look of your blog! What a busy month! You forgot hangin' with the W family somewhere in there ;)wink

Vicki Z said...

Boy, those pumpkins sure look different than they did in the store! You did a great job with the blog and I hope you still get to use the pumpkins in a photo shoot or for Halloween some way.

Have a fun busy month...and take time to enjoy life.