Friday, October 10, 2008

Playing House

I have such fond memories of playing house when I was little. Actually, my brother and I had a game called "Lost Kids". We pretended we were kids who were lost, and we would play it all over the neighborhood.

Today we are having a play date with the J kids (minus one who is sick). I am enjoying giving them some space of their own to play and use their imaginations. They don't know I am listening in closely...enjoying every minute of their "play".


Here's the Scene: They are a family living in China, they only speak Chinese (which sounds alot like English)

the Cast:

Emery: The Mom (with some leg issues)

Hannah: The Nanny

Ty: The mailman, that apparently takes naps at people's houses.

Pip & Zeke: The babies.




7 comments:

Stacy said...

Fun stuff...I just had three little girls in a make-shift fort behind a sofa chair pretending they were in The Ark! Chacen and Claire play something similiar to your childhood 'lost kids' game-but their parents have died and they're on their own.

Anonymous said...

Boy, I don't remember the lost kids stuff but I know you played house and I know I made tents for you out of blankets.
Mom

Sweet Blessings said...

Yeahhhh...you are having the Best day ever....I just love getting to watch & listen to imaginations working full steam ahead! I know your heart is going to be smiling and laughing out loud! Sweet blessings!

Angela said...

So fun!

Michelle said...

My kids come by their love for prentend play naturally. Jason and I both loved to play like this as kids. My favorite was 'school' and 'store'. Thanks for sharing my kiddos day with me. :) I also love that Emery is wearing Hannah's shoes and currently Hannah has an entire outfit of Eme's on! Oh to be a little girl again.

Crystal said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Love the explanation of the 'cast'.

Lindsay said...

What a GREAT way to spend the day!!

Oh to be young again -