Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Post Coming...

We had a fabulous Christmas and weekend after Christmas as well up in Seattle. I have pictures to share, but they will have to wait. I am in high scramble mode right now. My month off was one of the best decisions for my business and family ever! I thoroughly enjoyed it, but now it's BACK TO WORK! I found out yesterday that the Open House/Ribbon Cutting with the Chamber of Commerce is actually on Monday night...not Tuesday as I had planned and scheduled. So I am cramming to get all the last detail things done for my studio. The invitations that I ordered (with the wrong date mind you) will not arrive in time, so last night, in true vintage Defining Details Style I had to hand make my invites! It was actually fun...just stressful.
**if you are reading this and don't receive and invite, no worries...All Are Invited, hence the title "Open House". I just made invites for those on my local client mailing list. Speaking of mailing list. That has been another project I have been working on since Christmas. Organizing my data. Yuck! But I think i finally found a service that will work great for my company and track things better. Okay, that was a boring sentence...blah!
Anyway, this week i start up again with sessions. My first of the year is tomorrow...fitting it's a tiny newborn. Other things on my list for work to do in the next couple weeks are:
~Get Newsletter out for Tomorrow!!!
~Revamp my website.
~Launch new Print Packages (which means lots of updates to my photocart and client info packets.)
~Gear up for my Valentine Mini-sessions. (which means shoot two model valentine sessions for samples, get valentine cards printed...and pray my Wings show up in time ;).
~Start Marketing campaign for a Charity Model Search I am a part of in February. Ack! This one scares me a tad. No I am not the model...just the photographer.
~Get quotes for new business insurance.
~Update financials so Mike can get tax stuff together then off to the CPA (um...that's where you come in Kristie).


Okay, done with my list...i feel better now. I am sure you are all bored stiff. GET BACK TO WORK!

6 comments:

Kristie said...

I'm so impressed with all this organization!:)

As far as the taxes go...ready when you are!:)

Happy New Year!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds... Well, I would rather be taking the pictures! Sounds insane! Looking forward to seeing what 2009 brings to you, your family, and your buisness.

Michelle said...

Reading this raised my blood pressure a little. I can only imagine how worked up you are. :) Let me know if I can help you out in anyway this weekend (maybe the kids could come over). Let me know.

Crystal said...

Try to have a Happy New Year!! You have lots of things to do, Girl!

Sweet Blessings said...

Happy New Year...I think it's going to be a great Chapter in your book of life....enjoy the ride! Sweet blessings!

Lindsay said...

trying to patiently wait for the Christmas post