Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Sweet Things


The House is Warm & Clean
There is snow falling outside
Christmas Music is Playing
Gifts are all purchased
Not wrapped...we save that for Christmas Eve
And there are sweets abundant in the kitchen

Michelle and I had been planning to have a baking day. We each had 4 treats we were planning on making and have the kids help us. Well, Em had a bit of a sick spell this week, so that didnt happen. The baking however still did, and then we swapped half our goods. So we are set with"

Peanut butter Balls

Peppermint Bark

Dipped Butterfinger Peanut butter Cookies

Homemade Caramels

Pecan & Pretzel Turtles

Dipped Pretzel Sticks

Chocolate Cookies

Butterscotch Haystacks

And the following are some other "sweet" pictures of our 2nd annual gingerbread house decorating competition...oh wait, it's not a competition ;).



This is the suppressed architect in Darrin...he takes these things very seriously ;).




He's channeling the gingerbread gods.

9 comments:

Lindsay said...

YUM! I'll be right over! :)

Hope Emery feels better before Christmas.

** and the Gingerbread Houses are GREAT!! (Love the picture of Darrin)

Stacy said...

Great fun, great treats, great friends...can't beat that! Hope Emery gets better and no one else gets it...you did that last Christmas didn't you?

Sweet Blessings said...

Hey, thanks for sharing all your sweet things....what a great time you're families been having....I love that you are creating memories that will forever warm your "babies" hearts at Christmas! The picture of Piper adding goodies to the top of the gingerbread house is tooooo precious! And, I am impressed that both families enjoyed a night of decorating....My heart is smiling for you! Sweet blessings!

Angela said...

Hilarious! And the goodies look toooo good!!!!

Katie said...

I hope Emery will feel better in the morning!! No fun!

All of the treats look yummy!! As do the gingerbread houses :)

Michelle said...

Umm... I ate some of that peppermint bark while I was driving... MMMMmmmmMMMmmm!!! I think I have to make more!

I love the pictures of the gingerbread houses... super fun... and serious business. :)

Kristie said...

I LOVE it!! I think I'm coming to your house at lunch!;)

I love the "competetive" gingerbread house building! Darrin cracks me up!!

Crystal said...

I got to sample some of those sweets, YUMMY!

Tiffany said...

ummmm i'm not going to show you how my gingerbread house turned out.....