Wednesday, October 05, 2005

{Fast Talker}



So this morning at 4am after I nursed Piper she lay on the bed next to me not wanting to go back to sleep as she usually does...she lay there playing and chatting. Daddy comes back into bed after throwing our mouthy cat out in the cold, Piper rolls over reaching for him and says....

Dada!

Now all of my kids talked by 9 months...but 7.5 months...that just seems extremely early. She's been saying Daddy for about a week...and it usually is only when daddy is around. So I'm thinking she may be making the connection. Wow....and why is it that they always say Daddy first {insert sad face from mommy}

Another step she's figured out last night. How do drink from a bottle!! This is big. And for all you Lactivist out there...it was only water :).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shan, she is just about the cutest thing ever. She's really starting to resemble Eme, I think.

-Jamie

Anonymous said...

Yea Piper! Maybe having and older brother and sister help the talking along.
What a cute shot of her!!!
I think I need to get some hugs and kisses in before too long.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Piper is so darn cute! She is changing so much and looking so much like her big sister. Dont you love it when they decide to be so sweet and cute in the middle of the night!
Love, Les

Anonymous said...

She is sooo cute!! You are really blessed with such a happy and contented baby!! I don't know why they all seem to say DaDa first. You really do have a talent for getting such cute shots of the kids.

Grandma Karen

Anonymous said...

WOW!! That IS early!! And no idea why they say Daddy first. So unfair, isn't it!! However, now all I hear from my little guy is, "No...I want Mama." So I guess that makes up for it. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is really early! And, my kids always said dada first, too. Bummer!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is early! My kids were both such late talkers. Just discovered your blog...I enjoyed my visit! :)

Anonymous said...

I love this pic of Piper!!! She is so cute and getting cuter by the day. You have 3 beautiful children, inside and out, I'm such a lucky auntie!
Michelle