Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Hello from the Coast

Im sitting here in our cute little place on the ocean. It's raining right now so the kids are playing outside on the porch. Loving their new "Home". I really think they think we moved here. Keep saying "we'll make new friends".
Anyway, thought I'd share what we have done so far and some pictures.
First off, our Anniversary was very fun! I was spoiled.

  • Saturday morning we went to breakfast at our favorite little spot Roy and Venitas, then dropped the kids off at Grandmas and were off to Walla Walla for a day of wine tasting and shopping. Very Nice and relaxing! Mike even hung out at a Starbucks with me. Now that is huge for him, of course it was a good excuse to play with the new PDA he got me and check our email on Starbucks wireless connection. Did I mention I am spoiled!
  • After Walla Walla we were off to Dayton, a small historic town where we rented a Very Nice Cottage, had a massage appointment set up for me, then dinner at a 4 star French restaurant! Yummy.
  • Sunday morning we were up early and off to scoop up the kids. We drove all the way to Portland and stopped for a few hours at the Oregon Zoo. It was awesome. So much fun for all of us. Remind me to tell you all about the monkeys. Naughty little animals!

  • After the zoo we drove a couple of hours to our place here at the beach. Kids of course had to race down to the beach first thing.
  • Monday morning we spend some time at the beach.

  • Then headed down to the Aquarium and Sea Lion Caves.

  • Today we are just relaxing waiting for the rain to let up. Now I shall head into town for coffee. I'll chat more when I am back.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

WOW! Sounds like you are having a great time - enjoy the rest of your time together and make the most of that "spoiling."

Kristie said...

So glad that you guys are having such a fun vacation! Looks like Stella has been busy! Can't wait to see all your great pictures! Safe traveling on your return trip!

Anonymous said...

I am turning green with envy! I CAN'T wait for my turn! :) Glad you are having so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Very cute pictures! I love the one Eme and Ty inside a cave? They are all great pics. . .the family, Piper and Daddy and Ty with his hand in the pond.

I think they are confused about what a vacation is because Eme said to me on Sunday morning, "we probably won't see you again." I tried to reassure her that you'd be coming back to Hermiston.

Glad you are all having such a good time! Wish the weather was a little better for you.

Grandma Karen

Anonymous said...

That picture of Piper and Mike is priceless and I still can't believe how good you look!
Michelle