Friday, November 17, 2006

Random Post

Just sitting here on a Friday evening feeling like I need to make a blog post. My desk is cleaned off with all my check-list completed. Love that feeling. I have had a very productive week with both my home stuff and my work stuff.
Home Stuff: Put myself back on a cleaning schedule this week. I've done this before and it really helps, but somewhere with the third child and the growth of DD (defining details, not my bra size) I kind of gave up on it. So here we are desperately needing it again.
Here's how it works: Each day I have a chore, like moping the floors. I have to do that chore in the morning, plus one load of laundry before I can touch the power button on my computer. See touching the power button means major distractions either with design stuff, emails, reading blogs, etc. So every day this week I have woke up, got the kids dressed and fed and off to school, came home and spent a couple hours on house work, then off to pick up the kiddos, feed them lunch and get them settle in their after lunch routine, Play, nap, quiet time. Then I can sit down at my computer to either work or play guilt free! I cant say the house looks much better than it did before , since as soon as I clean a room it gets destroyed again. But at least I feel productive and I know my time is spent well.
Work Stuff: On my list this week was as set of Birth Announcements, some invites for a Hospital function, 5 or 6 Wink's Ink designs, the November Daisy Bucket Kit and my own holiday cards. I am happy to say as of a couple of hours ago...all this work is completed. (although I am still wanting to play more with the DB kit.)
Yup, that's right folks, that means our family 2006 holiday cards are stuffed addressed and ready for stamps. All 110 of them! Phew...feels so good!
Kid Stuff: The kids had their last week of school before Thanksgiving Break. Ty got to take Grandma and Grandpa to school on Thursday, he had lots of fun doing that, then spent a few hours over and Grandmas being spoiled I'm sure. Emery got to go with Grandma on Wednesday to help her cook dinner for Church that night. She thought that was really fun.
I had Parent/Teacher Conferences today for Emery. We got her very first report card. All A's. Just kidding, they don't give Grades, but she did receive high marks. She is at level for her reading and above level in Math. She gets that from her dad for sure!
Okay, so here I sound like I'm bragging...sorry about that. More of a ramble than anything else.

Tomorrow Mike and I are off for a full day in Pullman for Apple Cup!! Hoping I don't freeze my bootie off. GO COUGS!

3 comments:

Kristie said...

Wohoo on all the productivity! GO COUGS!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

It was great to see you on Saturday and spend some time with you!

Jamie

Glory Laine said...

Good for you with getting your chores done first. I have not figured that one out yet.