Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A Turkey Feather and a Daddy's Boy


This is my little man...who is completely a daddy's boy! So much so that he asks his daddy every morning if he gets to stay home with him today. And every Saturday when the answer is yes, he jumps up and down with excitement and then follows daddy around all day. This picture is of him and his turkey feather he had to design for school. He wasnt too excited about having homework until I told him he got to go with daddy to pick out some crafts and then daddy would help him put it together. (hence the wsu on the feather). See that's my trick. If Ty doesnt want to do something...tell him daddy will do it with him. Works every time, except when vegetables are involve...daddy doesnt play along. In the morning before school he told daddy that he wished someday he could take him to class so he could show him around his school, meet his friends and play with his favorite toys there. Then when I picked him up he proceeded to show me the pumpkin he made...not for me, but for daddy. I wasnt offended...actually I love it and hope it is always this way. Father and Son relationships are special to watch grow.

9 comments:

Lindsay said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lindsay said...

What an awesome turkey feather!!
Love what you wrote about boys and dads!
Mason loves to go anywhere and everywhere with his daddy... even when it isn't the safest or greatest places...
We are blessed to have husbands that are GREAT dads!

Anonymous said...

Amen! I love that I have three Daddy's boys too! Its so great that they have such great Daddys to love!

Angela said...

Daddy's are special!

Anonymous said...

That is so precious, I have two Daddy's girls at home...I so need to have a boy!
Love, Leslie

Anonymous said...

Daddy wishes he could stay home and play with him every day...I jump up for joy when it's Saturday too!

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet. Especially the part about showing Daddy off!

I have a Daddy's boy too (Greg)! And a Momma's boy :) (Grant)!!

Katie

Anonymous said...

right now I have a daddys boy and a daddys girl anytime he is home they both are all about dadddy. last night when ryan walked in whitney started jummping and reaching for her dad that was filthy from a day on the farm and had to go wash, she was heart broken until dad came back clean.

Glory Laine said...

I know this was a side point on your blog, but how do we get kids to eat veggies. The only green things tobin will try are Jello and gummies. Maybe It does have to do with dads. Matt's won't eat them either. But I love them. (most of them) I don't count though. So I guess the real question is how do you get dad's to eat veggies?????