Tuesday, February 26, 2008

His Big Imagination

Ty is our thinker. You see this in the questions he asks, in the stories he tells, the way he watches movies, and when he plays with his toys. He doesn't just mindlessly play with toys...he dives in and becomes one of them. He doesn't just watch movies, he interacts with them. For example...if he is watching Snow Buddies, he gathers up all his stuffed dogs to watch with them, Star Wars, he collects up ever single one of his dozens of figurines and they act out the movie along with it. And there was a time when he was so into Toy Story and couldn't watch it without Buzz and Woody watching along with him.


Here are some pictures of him becoming one of his toys. My parents gave him this box of tiny pirate figurines, ships, cannons, maps, etc. So one day he was in his room playing with them...and he came out in his pj pants and boots. It really isn't unusually for this boy to strip down several times during the day but I had to ask why he put new pj pants on. I instantly knew the answer when he held up this one pirate. He had to become him to fully be able to play with him. I love the way this little man thinks.




9 comments:

Katie said...

What an adorable little guy you have there!! I hope he is feeling better!

Anonymous said...

So cute. I think he gets that "thinker" part of him from his daddy. (Not that you're not a thinker...)
Michelle

Angela said...

I love that about him! He is such a handsome little guy!

Leslie said...

I love his imagination! He is such a sweet and handsome young man (he's not really a little boy anymore!) And it took me until picture #3 to realize he had dressed just like the guy in his hand...duh!

PS. Maggie just said today that she wants Ty, Emery and Piper to come spend the night at her house! Time for a Seattle visit! :)

Anonymous said...

WOW! That is very cool.
What a great imagination.
I love that!

Nicole said...

He is such a "great friend" as Nick sayes. Nick missed him at school today hope he is feeling better.

Crystal said...

Very sweet! Love the lunging pose with the sword.

Tanya said...

How is that all your kids are so darn cute....cute in looks...cute in personality's......cute cute cute and I don't even know them other than your blog(well I feel like I know them because of your blog!)

Lindsay said...

Love your sister Michelle's comment :)

and way to highlight the things that make Ty unique, individual, and one of a kind!!

Blessings to you friend!