Sunday, February 03, 2008

The Silver Lining

Yesterday was one of those days...one thing after another. Let me just list them for you. And because I like to find the silver lining in most challenging situations (not all) i'll list those in blue.


1. Actually this one starts with Friday. Emery recieved 2 awards in an assembly at her school...Great yes, the bad part; we were never informed that she would be getting these awards. So she didnt have any parents in the audience to cheer her on like all her little friends did. She didnt seem fazed...I am still ticked though! I have since found the note in Emery's backpack...the pack I searched 3 times already. Now I am just ticked at myself.

~We got to celebrate with her later with ice cream.



2. Piper woke up at 3 am puking, and continued the rest of the day.
~ She is now old enough to warn us if she feels like she is going to get sick...so we made it to
the bathroom in time.



3. The Cougs lost to Stanford
~ Mike and Ty got to go to the game and spend some good Father/Son time in their new matching coug hats that I am pretty sure they both already have 2 of in their closets.


4. I came down with a near migrane for the whole day while taking care of a sick little girl.
~ Emery had a party to go to in the morning and the Grandma took her for the rest of the
day so Pip and I could rest. Then at the end of the night I turned to Vicatin, which didnt
really take the headache away but did give Mike and i a few laughs. No Mike wasnt taking it
too...just laughing at his really loopy wife.

5. The dog chewed up the corner of our living room carpet, making me really question why we
wanted him to be a house dog in the first place.
~Good thing we can rotate the carpet around so the chewed up corner will be under the
couch. And it's only a carpet.


6. Mike's truck broke down on the way home from the game.
~ After some serious prayer on the lonely highway covered in snow, it made it's final stop
here in town. So he didnt have to wait on the highway with little Ty for a tow truck.




And here's hoping for a Sunday full of just Silver Linings!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh' I know days like that all too well, and they seem to be coming at me from all directions lately.
Here's is to a good, happy and relaxing Sunday.
And, if it makes you feel any better, I wondered more than once why we decided to make Annie a house dog, but she does PERFECT now. She never chews on ANYTHING ANYWHERE ANYMORE. Thank GOD!
Happy Sunday!

Jamie said...

Good for you to be able to find the good in any situation, despite how bad we think it is at the time. That's definitely a lesson for me to remember!

Amy Tolar said...

This post just helps a girl turn her attitude completly around! Sorry for all the downers, but I'm so glad you were able to look at the "silver lining". I hope you & Piper are feeling better!

Nicole said...

I am so sorry friend, hope your Sunday is great.

Michelle said...

I like you! :-) What a great attitude!

Tanya said...

Sorry you had such a poopy day!! As the saying goes "when it rains it pours" and that definitely happened at your house....but so glad you saw the good things too...that is sometimes so hard to do!! Happy Sunday!

Kristie said...

oh man!! That's a lot for one day!

Hope everyone is feeling better today!

Leslie said...

I hope you are having a restful afternoon my dear friend! I love your positive outlook!

Melissa said...

I am so sorry about your migraine, I get them too and they stink. I pray this week is better. :)

Lindsay said...

Well friend... it sounds like it's been adventure after adventure!!

Here's to a GREAT week and more ice cream!!

Dorothy said...

I hope you're having a good Monday and got all the crud out of the way over the weekend. Have a great week!!!

Crystal said...

Well I'm thinking my weekend wasn't really all that bad now.

Geez, sorry about all that! It's awesome how you found the silver lining though!