Sunday, September 11, 2005

Four Years Ago Today

This morning as I lay in bed with my sweet baby Piper I looked up at the clock to see what time it was. Immediately my memory flew back to September 11th 2001. It was the exact same time on the clock. I was laying in bed with my sweet baby Emery, who was only 2 weeks old. Mike got a phone call from the church canceling a meeting he had later that morning...All I heard was Mike making a gasp...then say "oh..no..." My first thought was that something happened to out Pastor. But then Mike rushed to the TV to turn it on. I watched the towers fall...I laid their feeling hopeless...and so sad that I had brought Emery, this little innocent life, into this world that would never be the same again.
Now four years later...I have two more sweet babies in my family. That feeling of hopelessness and sadness faded although the memory never will. I find hope in the love of my God, my family and friends. Now as we deal with the sadness from down south, I know that God is in control. I may not understand his plan as I am on this earth....but I love Him and know that someday it will all make sense. For now I just trust in my faith, teach my children my faith, and show them all the love I can. Trusting that they will grow in their faith to withstand any sadness or trauma that will come their way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful perspective.
God bless you
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Such wonderful thoughts and words! :)