Tuesday, September 06, 2005

{School Girl}

This morning was Emery's first day of Pre-school. She did awesome. Was all smiles! When I said goodbye after taking a few pictures she said "Okay" and off she ran. I waited till I was in the car to tear up. Last night it hit me big time, when I tucked her in to bed. There was my sleeping baby...no longer can I call her a baby, she's my girl! I cried myself to sleep. Hmm, did'nt think it would hit me like this at all. Miss Catherine is her teacher, and she is really nice, although Emery told me that she told her not to talk. I remember my teacher's saying the same thing to me. Oh dear. I also remember having to go home in different clothing than I came to school in. Weak bladder....well I got to be the mom to pick up her daughter wearing way out of style, 2 sizes too big jeans. Not the cute skirt she went to school it. No she didnt pee her pants...just didnt quite sit far enough back on the toilet...got sprinkled a little. No biggie. I am still proud of her. I am sure her pre-school experience will give me much more blogging material.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Those pictures are soooo funny to me! The exact room that two of my kiddo's were in! Although Miss Catherine was their aide, not their teacher, because they both went to the 3 day a week preschool.
It is a WONDERFUL place! She is in VERY good hands, you won't be disappointed! *I promise!!!*
~Misty

Anonymous said...

Shannon,
I am sure Emery will love going to school there. My daughter, who is 25 went there and loved it. Of course her teachers are no longer there, but one still lives around here, and still asks about Jenny every time she sees me.

Anonymous said...

Shan, look at how absolutely excited Emery is in that picture!!! It's amazing how quickly they grow up.....

-Jamie

Jana said...

What a little sweetie! Sounds like overall she had a great first day. My boys were always the little ones you see wrapped around their mom's leg begging them not to go...not fun!

Anonymous said...

What a doll she is. I know about the kidlets getting so big. You just want to hold them and squeeze them and freeze time. Your dd's name is so precious. Wished I'd thought of it. My dd's name (Madison) was NOT popular when I named her and then the explosion began. OH well.
Have a great day, my friend.

Anonymous said...

What a big girl! I cannot beleive she is in preschool already, growing up so fast! She looks so cute and grown up in her adorable outfit!
Love, Leslie

Anonymous said...

Wow - I remember when you were that size! You would get that same type of grin on your face. It makes me cry to think about it.

Love you,
Jill