Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
To my mom, my mother-in-law, my sisters, my friends and all the mother's in my life. Love you! I have officially started getting the school projects gifts for mother's day and I love it.
A little lady bug from Emery and a painted red heart pin from Ty. I will cherish them forever, just like my mom still cherishes the macaroni necklaces and ash tray I made her. (No she never smoked, but it was the 70s so I think the teacher's assumed every mom did.)
As I type this I am sitting on my couch playing with the computer while my husband and kids clean the house!! I think this is the first time I have sat here "guilt free" watching Mike clean. And Oh how I love it when he cleans. The serious White Glove treatment. Under the fridge, on top of the fridge, wine rack cleaned in the dishwasher, couches moved to find the toys I usually just kick under in a pinch, books taken out of their basket and the basket cleaned, frames get a wipe down and the list goes on. I am feeling spoiled.
Hope you are all enjoying your day!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Mother's Day to you! :-)

Anonymous said...

I love the ashtray for your mom! Really made me laugh!! You are really blessed to have the white tornado cleaning your house and you're right he cleans way better than I do! I really miss having him do my cleaning!

Have a wonderful day and enjoy those little cards and gifts. I have several boxes of those precious momentos in my garage. Every now and then I think I should get rid of them but then I just can't bear to throw them away!

Love,
Karen

Tanya said...

You deserve a day like that! Hope it was wonderful....Happy Mother's Day!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Mothers Day Shan!!! It sounds like you had a good one. I made an ash tray too back in the day. However, I gave mine to my grandma cause she did smoke:) I think she still might from time to time. She would never admit that though.
Ang

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day Shany!
You are such a wonderful mother to your darling children. It sounds like you had a wonderful day...you deserve it!
Love you freind!
Leslie

Kristie said...

Well not my best mother's day ever since I had the flu but right there with you on the school project mother's day gifts! I have a lovely hand made bracelet and several beautiful cards!

Anonymous said...

Yes I do remember wearing created jewelry made by my children and grandchildren. I even wore it to church. I am sure macaroni is still in, mine was even colored.
Mom