Sunday, May 20, 2007

Seven Happy Years!

Mike and I got a night away in Bend this weekend to celebrate our 7th anniversary. His boss graciously lent us their town house for the night. It was a beautiful place about 5 minutes from Old Mill town heading towards Mount Bachelor. And thank you Angela for the dinner recommendations...it was delicious!

Here are a few pictures I took with my anniversary gift. Mike got me a new Canon point & shoot. I have been wanting something I can tuck in my purse when it isn't very practical to lug Stella around. (like in July when we are in Disneyland.) I am already loving this camera...his name is Sven. (for several reasons ;) Honey, what do you think of that name?
This is a picture of the little man-made lake or pond we so lovingly referred to as we drove past several times looking for the restaurant. Turns out it is the Mighty Deshutes River. You know...the one God made, not man. We felt a we bit like tourist at that point. :)

On our drive to Bend I told Mike I wished I brought my camera so I could get a shot of this old house in the middle of no-where...I'm pretty sure he was laughing inside at that point knowing I would in fact have a camera to capture it on the ride home.
Well, I have a busy week ahead of me...little munchkins to take care of, three more than usual. And a pre-school party at our house to get ready for. Plus the wedding season and VBS upon us! Hope your week is filled with fun and sunshine! Pray for no rain on Thursday for the party.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I have been wanting a point and shoot, too! Especially for when WE are at Disneyland, in JULY! Funny! Which one did you get?
Happy Anniversary!

Shannon said...

Canon PowerShot SD800 IS

Michelle said...

So fun! Cute picture of your and Mike... AND love the banner!!! It is happy. See you soon.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Mike and Shany!
I am so glad that you were able to get away! Now Sven and "Pancho" can hang out! :)
Leslie

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!! Couldn't help but notice Mike's shirt:)
Sis Michelle

Lindsay said...

Great photos :) I know right where that old barn is!!
Happy Anniversary to you two! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, 7 years already??!! Happy anniversary!

-Jamie

Melissa said...

Happy Anniversary!! Great photos as usual! Love the new banner.

Anonymous said...

I am such a bad sister. Your anniversary was on my calendar, and I still can't manage to even email you to say happy anniversary. Sorry about that. I can't believe it's been 7 years since that wonderful wedding. I still laugh when I think about how you didn't realize that the organist hadn't played!! Love to everyone.
(Sister) Jill

Anonymous said...

Okay, I did not say Happy Anniversary, it was on my calendar but I just forgot. Looks like you had a good one.
Love, Mom

Kristie said...

Happy Anniversary! So glad you had a great get-a-way!