Tuesday, May 29, 2007

a Mountain of pictures.


We enjoyed a night away at our friend's cabin in the mountains. (i cant really tell you the name of the mountain since I don't know it. But I do know it is in Eastern Oregon :).

The kids loved being out to explore the great outdoors! We don't see tree's like this were we live.
Here's Mike teaching DJ to say "I hate rabbits" if the smoke comes your way. Apparently the kids believed him because we heard them say it all night long. Actually I think i even said it a few times.
The view from where Mike took me on our ride. Perfect for "parking" however there were people around and kids back at the cabin under Larry's watch...so no "parking" going on here.


Mama on behind the wheel. Totally took be back to high-school at the Van Rooy's cabin. And Emery on a ride with Larry. We have great neighbors!!

Ty was totally into this helmet and the fact that he could pee anywhere! I did find him a few times on his back not able to get up because his head was too heavy.
And here's the rest of the family on rides. Emery got pretty good driving it.

The only "wild" life I saw. There were some deer and cougar sitings. And the sound of a gun shot during Bear season. This Elk was actually at an Elk farm we drove by on the way home. I kind of wish he wasn't behind the fence...but that's the tree hugger in me. In fact Larry asked me if I wanted to Hug the little evergreens he was cutting down by his cabin. I was tempted :).
Good times, I know the kids will talk about it for a long time.

8 comments:

Lindsay said...

Fun, fun, fun!! Looks like a good time had by all... :)

Michelle said...

Sounds like a great weekend!!! How is your house today? Kinda quiet?

Kristie said...

How fun! Don't worry about the elk they are very happy to be living on alfalfa that is delivered to them!:)

Glad you had a good time!

Tanya said...

Looks like a fun night away! What a beautiful place!

Shannon said...

ah the lure of alfalfa right before the slaughter!
;).

Anonymous said...

What Fun!!
I love the pictures of Piper on the four wheeler!
Love, Les

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!

Katie

Nicole said...

Looks like you all had a great time. I must admit Im kinda jealous I love the mountians and everyone was there but me. Well have to take you guys riding one of these weekends.