Tuesday, April 08, 2008

T Ball Ty

So I'm a little emotional about my little man in T Ball. I'm not quite sure why since baseball in general is not my favorite sport to watch (or play...flying balls anyone?!)

I do know this: There is a little spark in Ty when he puts on his mit, when he's up to bat, when he's out in the outfield sporting a true outfielder's stance, when his daddy stands right next to him as a coach. That is why I'm loving this (so far, it's only been one game folks).

Here is Ty & Greg in the outfield. For being their first time on a team these little dudes really knew how to mimic what the big boys do. You should see Greg wind up to throw.




This is how much they won by...just kidding. They don't keep score.As you can see in this picture, Ty didn't quite get the whole walk past the other team and give them 5. He needs more coaching on that one.

This is what got my emotions started I think. These pictures were taken on Saturday at Opening Ceremonies. All the little t-ball teams got to parade in, running around the bases before the Big Boys and Girls came out. I sat there watching with tears in my eyes. Not necessarily about Ty but about the start of it all for some of these kids. Some of the tiny little boys and girls will be in baseball all the way through high school and maybe college....and here on this day was where it all began. I found it sweet that I got to see the future of some of these children start on this field.



10 comments:

Katie said...

I just love this post :) I haven't taken the time to really let myself think about the significance of our little guys playing t-ball yet...thanks for sharing your thoughts! Gorgeous pictures...you have such a gift! (And, again, I want to scrap your pictures!! mine hardly ever make me feel that way)

Angela said...

Love these pictures and your thoughts on this. Ty looks adorable!

I can hardly wait until Dylan gets to play!

Lindsay said...

I'd say that the photo of Mike & Ty is a framer!! :) Have fun in this new adventure~

Anonymous said...

I love baseball!! It's so fun to watch your kids play and enjoy it. I cried the first time Luke got a home run in coach pitch at age 4, it was awesome! I hope Ty continues to enjoy playing.
Michelle

Melissa said...

I loved all your pictures! I love how Ty was holding back on high fiving! Have a great T-ball season!

Kristie said...

So excited for our little men to start this new adventure. I have so many GREAT memories of Little League and still many friends from that time in my life. Matter of fact one of the other moms on our team played Little League with me...we were on rival teams!;) Trying really hard to let them find their own love for it without imposing mine!:) So happy for our little peanuts to be sharing this adventure! See you at the field!

Anonymous said...

Oh' boy, now you got me thinking, and crying, along.
I love your thoughts on this.
Madi is HUGE into softball, and it all began on that VERY field you took those pictures at. So much so, that it is taking up EVERY night and weekend right now. It is even taking up time that she could be playing with friends, or doing other things that she loves, but she is determined to practice, practice, practice, and get better. I love the dedication that it teaches them, too!

Anonymous said...

Great pics of Ty,I hope he loves playing and gets into it.
I know I cried when you kids went to kindergarten and graduated from H.S. but not sure about the T-ball thing. I think Mark was the only one who played if you can call it playing, he was more interested in chewing on his mitt and throwing rocks in the air.
I guess I didn't realize that Mike was helping coach, hope the two love it!!
Mom

Leslie said...

Okay now you have me all teary eyed! What a sweet post! He looks like a natural! Just another reason why I want a boy...have I said that before! :) Not like girls can't play T ball, I just wasnt as into it as my brother was!
Have a great season Ty!

Tiffany said...

Aww how FUN! I love T-Ball! :o)
He looks like a big leaguer already!