Friday, June 13, 2008

Claude Would Be Proud


All week Emery has been asking to go to the flower place (westinds) so she can draw flowers. Today I finally felt it was nice enough to do so. We strolled around the nursery while she stopped and sketched specific flowers. Ty followed a beautiful butterfly and the squirrels. And Piper fussed because of the bugs. If you haven't been out there this year...Go! It is beautiful right now. I love it there.

Stopping to sketch the squirrel.






My little "polly-pop" poser looking for squirrels.


Piper was not having it. She said she was "scary" of the bugs... "they might drink my blood"




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Claude would certainly be proud! That little Eme is quite the artiste'! The pictures are fantastic!! All except poor little Piper thinking the bugs were going to drink her blood! Must be from the tick incident with Mav?? I love the picture of the flowers and butterfly. That would make beautiful note cards. . .hmmm maybe I can place an order with Defining Details!

Nicole said...

You need to scan them in so we can all see them.

What a great day for this.

Lindsay said...

Great post... makes me smile!

Angela said...

Beautiful pictures!!!
It was an awesome day today!

Michelle said...

I REALLY love this post. Great pictures- totally capturing the kids! precious!!!

Katie said...

What a fun thing to do! I would love to see her pictures! She is so creative...just like her Mama :)

Aww, poor Piper! She and Claire really have a lot in common, there.

Tracy said...

Gorgeous pictures, Shannon! Absolutely love them, as well as the whole idea of taking the kids out to explore and sketch the world around them. Love it!

Stacy said...

Scan in one of Emery's sketches-I'd love to see it! I love the dramatic b & w of all three kids and the wagon. Looks like a fun place to explore. Happy Summer!

Dorothy said...

Beautiful pics. You should sell them to Westwinds. :) Funny about the bugs, too. Ashley has a new fear of bugs since seeing a spider crawl onto her brother while they were playing outside last week. Silly girls.

Leslie said...

I love how you captured each one of your kids personalities! Great post!