Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day Tradition

Every year since we have had offspring (i love that word) I have done a little family photo shoot on Father's day. I love the tradition. But this year I rebelled against it. And it feels so good to be a rebel. Why you ask? Well, because this year I am practicing what I preach and hiring a custom photographer to capture my family in it's true state. YEAH!!! So when we are on our summer vacation this July in San Diego we will be playing on a beach and having the fabulous Carey Schumacher from Barefoot Memories be behind the lens...so Mama doesnt have to.



In honor of this I thought I would display all the past photo shoots. Please forgive poor scans from back in my film days. I just need to say right now how embarrassing this is due to the high fluctuation of weight gain displayed in these pictures. As well as swollen allergy eyes. But like i have said many a time before, "keeping it real."


2002
2003
2004
2005
2006
2007
2008
Okay, so I took one picture of the fam...minus me at the pool yesterday.

11 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh my goodness.... SOO cute!

Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures!! Makes me teary eyed looking at them. . .the time goes way too fast!! I'd love it if you could e-mail me the one at the pool yesterday and any with you in too!
Grandma Karen

Katie said...

How fun!! Can't wait to see your family on the Barefoot site :)

Angela said...

This is great! All these pictures make me smile.

Kristie said...

oh how much we have all changed over the years!! Loved this little travel through time!!

Patti said...

I'm a lurker who never leaves comments (bad, I know!)...I can't even remember how I came across your blog. Regardless...I love checking it out! That is so AWESOME that you are getting your pics done with Carey. She is absolutely amazing - You're going to have so much fun! I can tell you this because our little family got our pics taken by her about a year ago. The best part is, you're so busy having fun on the beach you don't even realize that she's clicking away. It's like Christmas when you get to see your pics! :-)
I hope you share some of the photo's on your blog after your session with her!

Lindsay said...

Enjoy being the one in front of the camera - I know you will!!

Michelle said...

I love all your traditions! :) So excited to see your family pictures... her style is very similar to yours!!!

Tracy said...

I love it Shan. I remember all (or at least, most) of these photos very well. It is so crazy how fast the years go by. Happy Father's Day Mike!

kara said...

you have such a gift to capture love and life! you are amazing !

Leslie said...

Darling pictures! I love that you rebelled...and I cant wait to see your family pictures with you in them!