Thursday, June 19, 2008

Swimmers

My kids learning to swim is very important to me. I have a strong fear of them around water and really want to see them develop into strong swimmers. The past couple summers we have put our kids in swim lessons, but to be honest...really didn't see any significant growth. (I wont go into that.) So this year we decided to get a summer pass at the pool and teach them ourselves. They have always been more comfortable in the water with us rather than a stranger. Sunday was our first day at the pool and I really couldn't believe what I saw. Almost instantly I had little fishies (Ty & Em...not Pip.) I was completely impressed...So I am hoping after the end of the summer I will have official "Swimmers." I would love it if by the end they could swim in water over their head...or at least be able to keep themselves afloat. We shall see...

Ty
Emery
Pip enjoying a snack.
Her favorite spot was the steps...which is fabulous because the kids can swim right there and she can just play safely on the step. (with us close by of course)


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shannon, one of my favorite things in the summer time was going to the pool with my Mom. It's one of my fondest memories of my Mom and being a kid during the summer time.

Enjoy! From one "water baby to the next"

Anonymous said...

I totally believe that in most cases swimming lessons are a waste of money. I took swimming lessons for years when I was little and never learned to swim until I was older, and just practiced on my own. Madi has never taken lessons and she is a really good swimmer. They will learn best with you just there coaching them along. Just my .02 cents. :) Enjoy those summer passes!

Kristie said...

personally I think its an age thing...Justin and William are totally taking off this year too. They are in lessons at the pool. John is too but he would prefer to not be.

But its all about what your kids are comfortable with.

Katie said...

Can't wait till my three can swim, too! Love the pics...especially the kissy one!

Angela said...

A pool sounds really good right about now! That is so great you have little swimmers already!

Crystal said...

That is totally cool that you got a pass! Smart thinking!

Leslie said...

Looks like a fun day! It was so good to see you guys! Oh how I wish we lived closer!

Lindsay said...

Go little swimmers go!!