Monday, June 30, 2008

The Looming List

In almost exactly 72 hours we will be packing the van, driving west to Seattle, drop off the van with my parents and then board a plane for San Diego! We will be spending a fun filled week in the sun with friends and sea creatures. I can not wait! I am Not taking my gear or my computer...just books and my family to enjoy. Mike then returns home and the kids and I will spend the following week in Seattle. Hopefully there will be sun there too. Gear and Computer will be waiting in Seattle for me. Because I will have work there to do. So with all this excitement...comes a list of to do's. Without the list I would be even more stressed than I already am. I'm sharing my list here...because why the heck not.

Family Stuff:

  • Finish pile of laundry. Maintain laundry so we have clean clothes to pack.
  • Scrub down house so house-sitter doesn't have to live in our filth.
  • Get together with house-sitter
  • Love pets.
  • Prepare meal for friends who just had a baby (tonight)
  • Go to gym to turn on AC before practice.
  • Get girls to Cheer.
  • Hunt down and purchase outfits for family photo-shoot (Piper, Ty, Mike, add me to the list since my houtfit isnt working)
  • Pack, Pack, Pack.
  • Love, feed and keep family going in the mean time.
  • Loose 10 pounds before family session. (not going to happen, but still on the list)
  • Get books to take.
  • Blog June wrap-up

Work stuff:

  • Deliver 2 (1) Print Orders.(Thanks Angela for doing one)
  • Mail off 2 Print Orders. (thanks nicole for taking them to the PO)
  • Finish processing, and finished product for NILMDTS session. Deliver
  • Make 4 client gifts.
  • For this past weekends wedding: Back-up, Blog, Sort, Organize and Catalogue images (to work on when I get to Seattle) Deliver disc of originals to second-shooter (aka Lindsay)
  • Upload last week's session gallery
  • Shoot maternity session tomorrow, back-up to work on in Seattle.
  • Pack gear for shoots in Seattle.
  • Update Quicken (this has been on my list for 3 months now ;)

Okay so the list doesn't feel as bad as I thought it might be. I might have to add to it. Any I mark in red will completed. Here goes a whirlwind 72 hours.


16 comments:

Melissa said...

We were in Sea World at this time last year. You are going to have an amazing time!! Make sure to sit in all the splash zones! Have a great time! I will see you tonight!

Lindsay said...

You are going to have the best time... and don't worry about getting anything to me before you leave... seriously... if it helps keep your list down :)

I'll be praying for you during the next 72 hours, for peace, patience & tons of energy!!

Katie said...

How fun! I love the anticipation of a vacation :) I'll be praying that you get everything done!

Tiffany said...

I want to go to San Diego!

Nicole said...

Have a Great Time!!
See you when you get home

Kristie said...

YEAH for family vacations!!

Hope you guys have the BEST time together!!

Michelle said...

I am SO excited for you! Your family is going to LOVE this time!!! Soak up the sun and every loving moment. Blessings! {looking for red} :)

Crystal said...

Whoo Hoo! Summer vacation begins!!

Enjoy your time and make some memories!

That list looks SCARY!

Tanya said...

OH...MY...GOODNESS....HOW FUN!!!!
Enjoy the time with your family!

Molly said...

It's the "maintaining the laundry" that always gets me. I wish there was such a thing as instant laundry so you could wash those last minute items right before heading out the door!

Good luck with your to dos! I can't wait to see you!

Leslie said...

Have SO much fun! I am looking forward to seeing you when you are here! I hope you are able to get everything done...I am sure you will!

Michelle said...

I am seeing red. :)

Michelle said...

I am seeing red. :)

Angela said...

So excited for you guys!!!
I wish we were going too!!!

Lindsay said...

The "turning red" of your list is AWESOME!!

Again - Enjoy every minute of your time away!! :)

Nicole said...

Anytime, Well have to get together when you get home the kids were upset they wanted to see your kids.