Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Going Green

So Mike and I are in the middle of a redecorating project in our living room. We are kind of getting tired of the Red so we are opting for a fresh new look of Grass Green! I literally had Mike pick a piece of tall grass from the Home Depot parking lot to match the paint swatch with.

We, meaning Mike, will also be building a new entertainment center for our new tv (yet to be purchased). I have been planning what pictures to display from our family photoshoot. Im leaning towards all family pictures instead of the individuals because I have so many of the kids individually on the wall elsewhere. But the question is, canvas wraps or framed enlargements?

I had to play a little with the dimensions to know what size prints I need to order. Here's what I have been doing today along with my 6 loads of laundry.

I have the option of doing a custom word wrap around the edges of the outer two canvases.

These canvas are sized 20x20 and 20x40 for the center. Got to go Big!


Again the middle one is a 20x40 framed with 4x4 frame. The two outers are 16x16 with custom made frames (by mike of course ;).

Here's my delima...if you seen my house and know my style it is kind of eclectically hodge-podge. But it works for the most part. Much of my furniture is black, but I do have some wood antiques mixed in as well. All my moldings and doors are white. I am trying to decide if the entertainment center and/if matching frames should be white to go with the molding or black to go with some of the furniture, or wood. That's what I am dealing with.

17 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm not sure if you're looking for input or not, but I'm going to give you some :)
Of the two lay-outs presented, I think I like the second one the best. If the entertainment center is going to be black, then I would keep the frames black. White might be too jarring, especially if the wall that's going to be behind the entertainment center and the frame is going to be green. Just my $.02 Do with it what you will ;)

Shannon said...

Yes...thanks for the suggestions. You house is always so warm and inviting...so I know you have good taste ;).

The entertainment center will probably be the last thing to come since we will have to do this project in stages.

I am leaning towards the canvas prints, because I need to try out a new canvas vendor for the biz. My current one is making me cranky!
Is that a write off kristie ;)?

Kristie said...

I like option A!

I say "Go BIG or fo home!"

I think the texture of the canvas will flow with your eclectic style. But hey, I'm a number cruncher...

...product demos are definitely a write-off!!;)

Kristie said...

seriously what is with my typing...

"fo home"???

"go home"

what a dork I am!!

Lindsay said...

I think I like A best... go with canvas!

Jamie said...

Oh, I think I misunderstood...I thought Options A & B were essentially the same format (i.e. both canvas) but with frames...and different sayings underneath. I reserve the right to change my vote to "Option A" because I like the canvas. And there you have it.

Tiffany said...

oooh hard decision. I love canvas, but for some reason my eye is going for the framed ones with the words on them.

hmmmm. everyone else picked the canvas. Maybe i need to branch out. :o)

Michelle said...

option A- canvas... :) By the way... I keep forgetting... bring that marker over one of these days!

Stacy said...

I vote "A" and having not been in your house, I'd like to throw in stainless frames (Mike probably can't hand craft those, though). If you've got hodepodge going, I say keep it going and I think it would look so fresh with that green!

Angie said...

I vote "B"...Nothing against canvas as I will be ordering one at my next photo shoot. My eye is just drawn to the second sample.

Nicole said...

I think I would go for the canvas. Can't wait to see the Green wall.

Kimberly said...

Alright, my vote is canvas but I sorta like the pictures you use in B a little better. I love the one of the kids holding hands on the beach. I definitely think BLACK. . . (or wood if you have enough of it that it would fit in) for the entertainment center because I think it looks classier for a living room. . .warmer, richer etc.

Kimberly said...

The more I think about it, I say wood color for the entertainment center against the green...a little softer.

Angela said...

Can't wait to see the finished product. What ever you do it will be great!

Katie said...

Fun! Don't you just love planning stuff like this?! I like A best. They both look awesome, though!

Crystal said...

I like both! It will look awesome either way! Can't wait to see the results!

Leslie said...

WOW Shan! They are both amazing! Have you thought of adding interior decorating to your business!? I would hire you for sure! I think my vote would be the canvas as well. But either one would look great! Be sure to take the "after" picture to share!