Sunday, August 03, 2008

I love weekends like this...

I had the best weekend! Nothing really too planned out...but it all unfolded perfectly.


Friday:

~Coffee with the ladies. I cut that short because I felt the stress of things I needed to do...which included a trip up to tri-cities for a big Costco run.

~On my way up to Costco, by myself by the way since Mike wasnt working, I get a call from the best husband in the world telling me he made an appointment later that afternoon up at the spa for a massage. Ahh...HEAVEN!!! It was so great..even with my minor freak out that I hadnt shaved my legs in weeks and it was a male masseuse. I just kept saying...I am sure he has seen much worse!

~I had some time to spare for a little antiquing...and came home not only with a load from Costco, but the cutest gold chair! Which you will not doubt either see sitting nicely in my kitchen or in future photo shoots!

Saturday:

~ We spent some time at the pool for a little friends b-day party. A relaxing afternoon, and then the Parade...Got to love small town parades. Then out to pizza with friends and a late Smores session at the farm.




A little bit of a sugar crash was happening here:





I love all that this picture may fortell...

Sunday:

~We slept in...then went to late church.
~Watched an afternoon movie and then napped the kids. I love it when they actually nap!
Emery however has far grown out of those...so she spend some time cleaning up our whiskers with a spoon ;). Then a leisurely late afternoon with me on the hammock.


It hit me that we only have 3 more weeks of summer. Which is unbelievable and sad at the same time. I am not ready for it to end. Not ready to send my babies back to school. Not really to have to be out of the house by 7:45 this year for the school bell. Not ready for them to grow so...

10 comments:

Lindsay said...

Sounds like a WONDERFUL weekend! I too am not ready for summer to end... not ready at all.

The good news is ... another season is on it's way ... and many, many more great adventures!

Crystal said...

What a great weekend! How relaxing to get a massage!!! Nice job Mike!

Tanya said...

Once again...your husband does ROCK! Sounds like a great weekend...enjoy the rest of your summer!

Angela said...

I am laughing! I really hope someday we don't have to shave your beard!!! :)
Love the pictures!!!

Michelle said...

Sounds like an incredible weekend. I was sad to miss the parade... it is a great tradition. LOVE the massage... good guy!!!

Leslie said...

Seriously Husband of the year! What a fabulous weekend! Enjoy the last few weeks of summer!

Katie said...

Sounds like fun!! What a sweet guy you have there!!

Love all of your pictures...so fun to look at!

Kailin said...

What..no spoon on the legs??!

Tiffany said...

HOLY COW. What a man you have.
He needs to give lessons. :o)

Your pictures are hillarious.

Anonymous said...

I told John about your spa appointment, he says you are making it up. Show Off! :)

Lucky girl! Sounds like a perfect weekend!

Maybe Mike could email John that number. :)