Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Celebrating...with Art, Excersize & Friends

Mike and I stressed all summer long over what to do for the Kid's birthday celebrations this year. Okay, I probably stressed...but neither of us could decide what to do until about a week before invites needed to go out. Every year we have done a joint party for them. A big old thang that pretty much the whole town is invited to. We love to celebrate and have always enjoyed the big event. But this year we felt it was time for them to have individual celebration. I am so glad we went this route. I can tell they both felt special on their big day.
However, doing two parties meant cutting way back on the invite list. We chose activities that had requirements on the maximum amount of kids we could take. This was harder for Mike and I than the kids I think. But it had to be done. Im totally babbling...

Ty's Rock Climbing Party.
We took Ty, his sisters and a handful of little men to climb at the Rock Wall. So fun! And I highly recommend it because the place does everything for you. We just had to show up!


Emery was loving it! She surprised us with her mad climbing skills. Pip on the other hand preferred the squishy floor.


Some of the Big Boys had to try it. We had a talk before to Ty about how the climbing wasnt a competition. He didnt have to go high if he didnt want to. We didnt want him to feel bad on his special day if some of his buddies climbed higher than he...and some did. But there was no convincing these guys that it wasnt a competition. I think BJ will be taking Darrin to lunch some time this week :)

Even Mama and Shoshana made it up a few feet. I actually want to go back and try it for myself. Dilly Boy was a natural spiderman.







Emery's Celebration:
We took Emery and her friends to Artsy Fartsy to paint pottery. The girls loved it and took it quite seriously. Another thing I would recommend. We took them to ice cream afterwards where there were lot's of giggles. And Emery is now loaded with enough make-up to last her to when she's 15 and can wear it out in public :)









So cute to see these girls grow up to little young ladies.


13 comments:

Angie said...

What great birthday parties! Looks like everyone had a fantastic time!

Nicole said...

What great ways to celebrate your kiddos.

MyOhMy said...

Good choice for birthday celebration fun. It looks like you had a blast! As a creative mind, don't you love going to the pottery painting places. Just seeing all the neatly lined paints and the clean work surfaces gets me all charged up and feeling creative. I just went to one this weekend for a birthday party and I feel all gitty inside while I'm there, kind of like "I'm home". Anyway, thanks for sharing your kids with us.... they are getting so big :)

Katie said...

You did a great job!! Can I just say that I want to go paint some pottery?! How fun!

Angela said...

That picture of Ty is so cute!

Lindsay said...

I {heart} Artsy Fartsy... we older girls should have a party there!

Tiffany said...

What awesome birthday parties!!!

Tiffany said...

PS I think Lindsay's right when she said the older girls should have an artsy fartsy party! :o)

Shannon said...

Im game!! We can do it for my birthday next month!!

Leslie said...

Okay so fun! I wanna come play too! Emery is just looking so grown up to me!

Lindsay said...

That's a GREAT idea... a birthday celebration for you!!

Let's do it!

Michelle said...

I am totally in for the birthday bash! I have had your birthday on my mind lately!

Anonymous said...

I love the pic of Ty painting his car amongst all the girls.
Auntie Michelle