Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Cheap Entertainment!


If your ever looking for something cheap that will keep your children's attention for long periods of time. Invest in a $1 spiral bound notebook. Im telling you...they're the hottest new toy! I got one for each of my children. Gave them one rule: You can do with them whatever you want, but you must not rip the pages out otherwise I will throw the loose papers away!
Emery comes home straight after school, finds a quiet spot and writes stories. This is not her homework mind you...just some relaxing time for her.
Ty draws pictures of anything and everything. It is especially his favorite on long car rides, like today to Costco.
Piper goes around feeling all grown up and takes every ones food orders, then brings back a "pee-tend" meal.
So there's my tip for the day!
This post was really just intended to make sure you all knew I was still alive. I've just been busy, and blogging has been on the back burner. We enjoyed a relaxing weekend of football, swimming and cousins. My oldest sister and her family came down for their first visit. We had tons of fun. We also had time for their family photoshoot. I'll be putting up a sneak peek on the photo blog in a few days. And now here is where I request visits from my other two sister's and their families!
Well, tonight's the start of Wednesday night Church. Looking forward to getting back in the routine of it again. Hope to see some of you there. Im excited to dive into another Beth Moore study again. Love her!
ta ta...till i have another random post for you.

8 comments:

Amy said...

Isnt that funny??? I was at Office Max last night and they have a TON of spiral notebooks in all sizes and colors for waaaaaay cheap in their clearance section!!

Crystal said...

The teacher in me wants to give you a standing "O"!!! Way to go Mom!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, my kids have ALWAYS loved spiral notebooks, and we have the same, no ripped out pages rule! How Fun!

Michelle said...

Love the notebook- it is also Zekes latest and greatest love (2 of them)-- Love ya! Hope you had a great Wed night at church!

Anonymous said...

Hey Shannon - I do owe you a trip! Bryan and I are planning to head to your place next time we get to Seattle (hopefully next summer). I really want to show Bryan Eastern Washington and Oregon. I know the kids would love to see their cousins.
XOXO
(Sister) Jill

Tiffany said...

I totally used to write stories in my notebook for HOURS when I was Em's age! I love it!

Katie said...

Fun! I am so going to do this....their very first journals :)

Tanya said...

Ummmm....who won one word one drink? anyone? if not what was the word you were looking for? I'm so curious! :)

Good idea with the notebooks....cute how your kids are each so different in the use of them!