Saturday, September 27, 2008

Tonight I am Thankful For...

  • My Sweet Little Boy who stayed Brave and calm even when his mama was in a puddle of tears.
  • Neighbors who will take my kids at a seconds notice.
  • Friends who show up at the hospital for support...even when I didnt know I needed it. But I really did.
  • A Hospital that is so close to our house.
  • The fact that what wardrobe you are wearing doesn't really matter when you show up to the ER at 9pm. Good things since I was wearing my super cute Modbe cap-sleeve with my pink and grey flannel pj pants and my metallic silver flats. Lovely.
  • That all the gory ER drama happened when Ty and I were in the back being seen by the Doc. But apparently David & Suzanne got a good show.
  • That this time it was just a local allergic reaction.
  • That I will be prepared next time with Epi-Pens on the chance it progresses to something worse.
  • That we are now home in our cozy home waiting for Daddy who is trying to get home from Pullman as fast as he can.
  • That we all have the sense of humor to someday be able to tease Ty relentlessly for how HUGINORMOUS his lips are right now! He keeps asking me why I have to take pictures of it ;).

See below post if you are wondering what this is all about.

17 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh my gosh, Shan. That it is so scary! Tell that cute boy he is in my thoughts and prayers and he is a brave little man.

Lindsay said...

OH Shannon - what an ordeal! Praying that Ty's little lips are back to "regular" size soon and full of kisses for his Mama!

Anonymous said...

So awful!!! This happened to Alec one year at his birthday party and his whole face swelled up like the elephant man. He still won't go outside if he even thinks there's a wasp in the area. I'm so glad Ty is o.k. I'm sure Daddy was freaking since he loves the bee family so much.
Michelle

Melissa said...

WOW sounds like you had quite a night. I love how you mentioned what you were wearing, I have done it too:)
Sounds like Ty was a trooper!

Kristie said...

OH.MY.GOODNESS.

SOOOO glad that everything turned out ok!!

Nothing gets the adrenaline pumping like a son with an allergic reaction!! Been there before...so scary!!

Tanya said...

Oh I am so sorry that wasp sting turned into a scary hospital visit! Good thing you were so aware as stated in your last post about keeping an eye on him for this reaction!!! I must say...I am curious to see a picture during the reaction, is that bad? Hope he is feeling better soon!!

Nicole said...

Oh my gosh I had no idea. I pray Ty is doing better SOON!! Let us know if we can do anything.

Leslie said...

Oh my goodness Shan! Poor Ty! I am so glad that it wasnt any worse and now you know for the future! I hate wasps/bees too...they are so bad around here right now too! Praying for you Ty!

Crystal said...

Hey! Are you (and Ty) ok now?

You know you can call us at any time day or night if you need us!

Hope everything is healing and backc to normal very soon! What is he allergic to?

Michelle said...

Hope all is well 24 hours later. :) Wish I could help.

Angela said...

So glad he is okay!

Kailin said...

OH MY! Damn wasp indeed! Catching up on all the drama and I have tears for you. What a scary, scary ordeal...(coming from someone who is terrified of bees and yet seems to attact them in swarms) I hope Ty is doing much better!

Amanda said...

Poor baby! Stupid wasps. Sounds like a rough weekend. Hope things are back to normal for you guys.

Katie said...

Oh man! I saw the picture on Cam's phone (thanks to your man) and was praying for you guys. How awful....I am so scared about this very thing happening to one of my kids....sorry it happened to you guys! Glad Ty is better now!

Tiffany said...

Oh man. How scary!! I hate bees too! Seriously!

Ummm side note-- did you get the McDreamy ER doctor? Because yes...there is one. :o)

Shannon said...

Tiffany...um no Dr. McDreamy. Just a Nurse and a Nurse Practitioner that prefered doing their charts and making us wait, instead of tending to my little man.

Jamie said...

I know this post is a week late, but I felt so bad for you and Ty last Saturday!! I'm glad that it was a simple allergic reaction, and that everybody's on the mend (including you!)