Saturday, September 27, 2008

Damn Wasp!

Excuse my french, but I hate them. I hate how many there are here. I hate how aggressive they are at this time of year. And I hate how they hurt my baby boy....right on the inside of his lip. Just an innocent little drink out of his orange pop...and the wasp sent this house into a few moments of intense panic. I have never heard that kind of scream and fear out of this little mans mouth...in turn sending me into a mama freak-out. However, my need to get him to calm down fast in turn calmed me down as well. Although, I will be watching him like a hawk until this lip gets down to a reasonable size again.


The fingers in his mouth, I'm thinking, is a coping mechanism. Thank God the bugger didn't make it down his mouth. And thank God he is not allergic to them. Or I would have used a stronger word than Damn! (eta: okay so apparently he is allergic...see above post)

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh goodness! Sorry Ty.

Michelle said...

Poor Ty! They are bad this year... Jason has been stung three times since August... and they seem more potent this year. I am so sorry!

Tanya said...

Oh my goodness!! The poor boy! That looks like a doozer....

Angie said...

Oh Ty I feel your pain! The same thing happened to me with orange pop when I was your age. I still have a very vivid memory of the incident. To this day I HATE bee's! Looks like you are such a tough brave big boy! Hang in they buddy :)

Sue said...

Oh, we all hate them. I'm so glad it's over and you're o.k. Ty. I got stung three times the night before I went to my Master's degree orals then got stung on my way in the next day for the 2 hour defense presentation!! What are the chances of that?! I hate them!!!

Tiffany said...

Ooohh ouch. That happened to my mom a couple years ago. Huge lip. Crazy at the moment... really funny now. :o)